Chapter 6

Near the end...

Young Justice and Teen Titans were talking to each other. Kinda.

They were in sparse groups and only said a few awkward words at a time. Sometimes sneaking short glances at each other. And then there was Robin and uh... Robin.

They were sitting across from each other with their arms crossed. Their expressions were hidden by their masks.

Batman and Alfred were at the computer trying to make since of the situation. And Ren and Tessa were viewing the orbs.

All heads turned toward the Etheranians as they both took a rather large gasp.

They were sitting beneath the giant penny and had the light of the orbs illuminating their faces.

Ren's jaw was dropped and both pairs of eyes were opened wide. Tessa's eyes glistened with tears.

"What? What is it?" 'asked' Superboy.

Ren bit his bottom lip and Tessa looked away from the orbs.

"You can't just pretend its nothing!" said Cyborg.

The teens slowly got up at the same time and silently made their way up front, where they previously had the orbs projected.

Ren quietly threw up the Teen Titans orb.

It shows Titan Robin in the lobby of Titans Tower at night, thinking to himself. What he's thinking is shown in faded images.

"Not a word Robin. They're not your friends anymore!"

"Robin!"

"Dude, what is your deal?!"

"I will never be like you!"

"Oh Robin don't you see? You're more like me than you know. And in time who knows... I might become like a father to you."

Batman's eyes narrow.

"... I already have a father."

The screen fades back to show Robin staring at a screen with empty monitors. He slowly peels his mask off to reveal tired and dim blue eyes. Not as bright as YJ Robin...

He rubs a hand over his face and sighs.

"I know I need to let it go... but I can't. None of it..."

Images flash once again but quicker and more frantic but still understandable.

Images of a circus. Of a family. They're smiling and laughter fills the cave... but then the laughs turn to screams and cries. A sickening crunch echoes through the room and blood flows across the images. And then they stop.

Images of the Titans now take over the bloody scene. Training, missions, personal time... and throughout them all Robin is barely smiling and when he does its fake. The Titans can see that now...

All too soon it stops and everyone is left speechless. They expect Tessa or Ren to take the orb down but instead... Tessa takes out the other orb and just lets it go.

But it doesn't fall. It levitates and floats up to meet its brother.

Then images form from them both...