[i]

2008

"Achi, please bring me with you to the Xavier Fair! Please!"

I've been begging my sister for weeks to take me with her to the fair. She has a lot of friends from Xavier, and they invited her to go. I wanted to go because my friends are going, and of course I wanted to see someone.

"Shobe, you know mom won't let you go. She didn't let me go until I was in 3rd year. You're just in 1st year." Achi Alice explained while she ransacked my closet for a shirt.

I frowned and pouted, "Achi! Please! Mom's not here naman, so she won't find out if you bring me."

Achi just rolled her eyes at me, "I know you want to go just to see Jeric. Please naman shobs, don't be like that. I think Jeric's dating someone, a batchmate of mine pa ata. Stop this, okay?" 

My sister never supported me in liking Jeric or better yet Ahia Jeric. He's almost 4 years older than I am, as old as my sister. They're in the same circle of friends, and I met him when they visited the house during Achi Alice's birthday last year. It was love at first sight. But my sister begged to differ; she said I was too young to be in love. Maybe I am, but I'm quite sure my feelings for him are true. I've been giving him gifts and watching his games for the past few months. And I think it's obvious that I like him. I know he won't reciprocate the feelings I have for him, but it's okay with me. Watching him from a far is enough. 

"Achi naman, I know my limitations. Promise, this is the last time I'm asking you to bring me to Xavier, I swear!" I pleaded. I even batted my lashes and pouted even more. 

I heard my sister sigh in defeat. I won again, "Thank you Achi! Love you!"

"Xands, this is the last na okay? I can't bring you to watch their games na. I can't give him gifts for you." my sister said with a stern look on her face.

I nodded and hugged her tight. I just know my sister can't say no to me. She left my room after finding the shirt she was going to borrow for training. My sister's a volleyball player, and our Ahia Carlo is a basketball player. I'm the only one in our family who didn't get the athletic genes from our parents. The only sport I can play is chess. 

After my sister left, I turned on the computer in my room and messaged my friends on Y!M. 

xandytan: Girls! Achi's letting me go tomorrow! :)

laobianx: really? yay! are you bringing anything for ahia jeric? ;)

kathychua: oo nga, are you? :>

xandytan: Maybe? They have an exhibition game right, I might just make a banner and give him brownies. :3

kathychua: I heard though na he's courting someone... :(

laobianx: I heard that too, I think he's courting my cousin! si Achi Bea, you know her right?

I felt a bit queasy. Achi Bea was part of the pep squad of our school, and she's one of the most beautiful girls in Achi Alice's batch. She's super smart too, almost perfect. I couldn't reply anymore, and I just left the chat box. I know the two would understand why. I didn't want to hear about her anymore. 

I opened my Multiply account and started making a blog post. 

~~~~~~

"Shobe! Where are you na, I thought you're coming with me?"

It's already 8AM, and the fair grounds open at 9, which is also the start of the exhibition games. But what my sister didn't know is that I've been awake since 4 AM. I already baked a batch of brownies and made a banner for Jeric. Sometimes I call him Ahia Jeric, sometimes I don't. I just find it weird that I like him, but I call him Ahia. I placed all the gifts in a tote bag. And I placed all my personal stuff - my wallet, ID, cellphone and camera, in a sling bag. I wore my ever reliable black Chucks with a plain blue polo shirt and jeans. And I fixed my shoulder length hair in a high pony tail. I heard my Achi knocking at the door again so I picked up everything and headed out.