ii - scorched

"He he hey, So whadwehadhere?" the first drunk man slurred. He was bald with a sweaty t-shirt and a half bottle of beer in his grimy hands.

"Are you lost here missy?" the other undistinguishable smell of alcohol and something dead flesh infiltrated your nostrils as the 2nd man continued to step towards you invading your personal space.

You are in a barren land that straight up you can see the roads leading furthermore to your little towns exit. As you cleared your head from the most horrid smell you'd intake, you glanced at your surroundings. And in your peripheral vision you were reminded of what kind of people have the guts to live in this kind of wretched place. You took it all in your left side, there was a garbage disposal where probably road kill animals are being dislodge; in your right side about mere feet away, was the door to you're safe house. Not probably a safe house, but as to your current state its passable for you to sleep in, but when look at in another person's perspective It was farfetched to be possible to be live in by human. The doors to the warehouse were so rusty it probably would kill you in tetanus if your cut with this object and the place simply to be put had no longer holding it together. So simply put, it was a junk shop where no people have the guts to live there, except you.

You've been here for maybe 2 weeks now and the most futile source you could get here with your luck was not nearly fresh but It was some clean water tap that probably runs from a water tank near these desolate areas. For some ironic circumstance ( to your ability ) water was the only thing that's keeping you alive till now. There were moments you thought in those past few days you've been here, that what if Life didn't bring you these goddamn fire powers? . . Why would such cruel circumstances in your life have chosen you to have these pyrokinesis abilities? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU FIRE'S OF HELL ONLY to BRING demise to you and your family?! If only you were the one given to choose . . . why wouldn't life just let you control WATER, as an ability to GIVE LIFE itself, because to be able control the flow of water is like controlling the ability TO LIVE,TO GROW and to give life to humans and to other living creatures.

WHY FIRE?! WHY HEAT?! WHY GROWING BALL OF HELL HOT AMBER?! WHY FLAMES?!WHY ASHES? WHY DESTRUCTION?!!!

AND TO SUM UP YOUR LIFE YOU BASICALLY HAD NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, You have no time to complain even If you want to . . . because right now having basically no permanent home is not one of your biggest concerns or problems. Or maybe you choose to ignore your current downfall because after all these years It was ingrained in your head that this was ALL somewhat a karmic retribution for burning your home and taking away lives of four innocent souls of your family members.

You're brought back from your reverie; you looked at the 2nd drunk man dead in the eye and appeared as unfazed as possible. You glance at his appearance, he was probably a middle aged man, a long hair tied up in a bun but his smell and clothes makes him the same or probably even filthier from the first one. You noticed that he had a pack of cigarettes from his hand. You smirk once again and by mere chance he probably had some lighter that he carried from the back of his pocket.

For a second his face was inches from you as if scrutinizing your face and your worth, but you didn't back down. You gathered your bearing and feigned relaxation but your defense was on its highest. Mere seconds after, as calmed as possible (even if your nerves were killing you, but good thing you didn't stutter) you spoke. . .

"sooo . . . aren't any of you gentlemen gonna offer me a smoke? " Your voice was raspy but determined.

The third man at the back of you guffawed at your question, he seemed likely more decent than those two. He nodded and tilted his head looking at the 2nd man in front of you- signaling him to give you what you've asked.