Wait for me

Background story

Apollo gives his son Orpheus a lyre and teaches him how to play. Orpheus played with such perfection that even Apollo was surprised. It is said that nothing could resist his beautiful melodies, neither enemies nor beasts. Even trees and rocks were entranced with his music.

Orpheus fell in love with Eurydice, a woman of unique beauty and grace, whom he married and lived happily for a short time. However, when Hymen was called to bless the marriage, he predicted that their perfection was not meant to last. 

Edgar fall in love with Jasmine, future queen of Jasmine country and after she gave birth to Emma the second they were married making them King and Queen of both Jasmine country and Edgar country. But their perfect marriage was soon to end when Jasmine had a vision of her own fate. The battle between Jasmine country and Charles country threatings her and Edgar's future together. 

A short time after this ominous prophecy, Eurydice was wandering in the forest with the Nymphs, when Aristaeus, a shepherd, saw her and was beguiled by her beauty. He made advances towards her and began to chase her when she attempted to flee. As Eurydice sprinted through the forest, she managed to escape him,  but was tragically bitten by a snake an died instantly. 

Charles whom was obsessed with Jasmine since they were in school because she choose Edgar dropped out and became king before he was ready and over the years he became more and more obsessed. He kidnapped Jasmine's sister Rachel to force Jasmine to come. Jasmine came and he let Rachel to go. Charles then made his own advances at her, getting her pregnant to Emma the second. In the end of Jasmine's era,  Queen Jasmine killed her adoptive sister Queen Cyrene who was at the time married to King Charles. This angry King Charles so he went after Jasmine and killed her instantly. 

Orpheus sang his grief with his lyre and managed to move everything living or not in the world; both humans and gods were deeply touched by his sorrow and grief. 

When Jasmine was killed the people saw Edgar running towards her body. He sat beside her and put her in his arms and cried out "Nooooooooo." He cried and cried. Everyone was touched by his sorrow. 

Many years before/the present

"I think you should descend to Hades and see your wife" Apollo told Orpheus.Any other mortal would have died, but Orpheus, protected by the gods, went to Hades and arrived at the infamous stygian realm, passing by ghosts and souls of people unknown. He also managed to charm Cerberus, the monster known to have three heeds. Orpheus presented himself in front of the god of the underworld Hades (Pluto) and his wife Persephone. 

"I think if you ask me, you should go down to Hades and see your wife" Emma the sister of Jasmine told Edgar.  "But how? Mortals dies going through the underworld" Edgar asked. "I made a request to the Gods to protect you on your journey to bring back your wife" Emma told him. "O.K I'll do this" He said. He went to Hades and arrived at the infamous stygian realm. He passed by ghosts and souls of people unknown. He was afraid when he saw Cerberus because he doesn't like animals never mind three heeded dogs. But he thought about Jasmine and throw his fear charmed Cerberus. Edgar presented himself to the god of the underworld Hades and his wife Persephone. 

Orpheus played his lyre, melting even Hades' cold Heart. Hades told Orpheus that he could take Eurydice with him but under one condition; Eurydice would follow him while walking out to the light from the caves of the underworld, but he should not look at her before coming out to the light or else he would lose her forever. If Orpheus was patient enough he would have Eurydice as a normal woman again by his side. 

When Edgar saw Hades he begged for Jasmine back. Hades remembered this exact same thing with Orpheus and Eurydice and he smiled believing that Edgar would probably do the same. "You can take Jasmine with you but under one condition; Jasmine will follow you while walking out of the light from the caves of the underworld, but you should not look at her before coming out to the light or else you would lose her forever" Hades told him. Edgar knows this story all too well and was worried that he won't be patent enough to do this. But he have no choose but to try if only to save his beloved it from Charles ones again. 

Thinking it a simple task for a patient man like himself, Orpheus was delighted; he thanked the gods and left to ascend back into the world. Unable to hear Eurydice's footsteps, however he began fearing the gods had fooled him. Eurydice was in fact behind him, but as a shade, having to come back into the light to become a full woman again. Only a few feet away from the exit. Orpheus lost his faith and turned to see Eurydice behind him, but her shadow was whisked back among the dead, now trapped in Hades forever. 

Edgar knew this task isn't simple and that he isn't a patient man. He knows this story all too well back in school when they were learning about the Gods and Goddesses and those stories but he had to do it if it mean that he can have Jasmine again. His true love, his wife, his best friend. He left and was on his way back into the world. He wasn't able to hear Jasmine's footsteps like how Orpheus couldn't hear Eurydice's footsteps. Edgar was afraid that Jasmine wasn't behind him but didn't let his fear control him. He isn't about to make that same mistake that Orpheus had made years and years and years before. Jasmine like Eurydice is in fact behind him but as a shade. They are now a few feet away from the exit. "Almost there. Almost there. Don't look back" Edgar said to himself. He had faith that even though he couldn't hear her footsteps that she was there behind him like when she was killed she was always there for him throw Tigress her tabby Cat. He didn't turned to see Jasmine like Hades told him not to do. They went out into the light and out of the underworld. 

Orpheus tried to returned to the underworld, but a man cannot enter the realm of Hades twice while alive. Orpheus started playing a mourning song with his lyre, calling for death so that he could be united with Eurydice forever. Orpheus is ultimately killed by beasts tearing him apart. 

"You save me" said Jasmine hugging her husband. "You did not look back to see me when Hades told you not to." "I wanted to make sure I won't lose you. I love you so much" he said. They kissed. "Jasmine? You're not a spirit anymore" Edgar gasped. "No I guess not. I'm alive again" she said looking at her arms and couldn't believe it. "Let's go home" Edgar told her. She nodded her head and they took their hands and walked back to Jasmine country.