1

"What's the emergency?" Carlisle Cullen questioned as he grabbed the file from the paramedics, his pale complexion dazzling every nurse that they passed, "Paris Silverton, 13 years of age, fainted due to lack of breath during a friendly tennis match with her mother." one of the paramedics says as he carried her into an emergency room, "It also says here that she has lung cancer." Carlisle says raising a blonde brow, "Yes diagnosed when she was 10." the second paramedic says. "Let's clear her lungs of any fluids that there might be and take her to a room." Carlisle said as he followed the two paramedics into an empty surgery room. On the way to the surgery room Carlisle called a few of his colleagues to assist him in the complicated  surgery.

*Hours later because I am no doctor and I don't know how the surgeries go*

Carlisle was seated in his office on the phone with his son, Edward, "So you want us to go on without you?" he question still trying to understand why his adoptive father wouldn't leave the patient with other doctors, before the pale and mesmerizing blonde could answer, a bell like sweet voice was heard from the other side of the line "Edward let him stay there." The silence between the two was deafning and would have certainly annoyed a human being, but Carlisle's family wasn't human, they were vampires.

"Edward the young girl is only 13 and has just left surgery and is in her room..." Carlisle started when a nurse knocked and opened the door, "Excuse me Doctor Cullen, Miss Silverton's parents are outside and wish to talk to you." the nurse said, the pale doctor nodded and raised 1 finger as if to say he was just going to finish the call. The nurse nodded her head and closed the door and told the parents "Doctor Cullen is just finishing a call, he'll be right with you." With his super human hear, Carlisle heard every word.

"Alice just had a vision." A female voice, almost like the other said, the owner of that voice of Rosalie Hale, adoptive daughter of Carlisle, "What about?" the older vampire questioned, "She and Edwards won't tell but both have knowing smirks." the blonde woman said, letting an unnecessary sigh escape his lips Carlisle said "I have the lung cancer patient's parents waiting to talk to me, we'll talk when I go home." he ended the call and got up walking to the door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Silverton, please come in, I beg your pardon for keeping you waiting." Carlisle said opening the door for them. A tall man followed by a shorter woman entered the small office but before the pale doctor could even start to explain, Elizabeth Silverton asked "How is she doctor?" "She's stable for now, but I want to keep her here for better observation, although from the brief one I had, her situation seems to be have gotten worse." Carlisle said as he walked back to his chair.

A small whimper left both parents lips, "H-h-how much w-w-worse?" Peter Silverton questioned, running a shaking hand through his short blonde hair, his brown eyes darting from his wife to the doctor and back again. "Her lungs were nearly completely filled with liquid." Carlisle said calmly trying to soften the blow, "What do you suggest doctor?"Peter inquired, his heart clenching, once fearing the words that threatened his whole words.

"My advice is that Paris stay in the hospital, we don't know how long she still has, so it will be for the best that she stays here, where she can be monitored and taken care of with more detail." Carlisle confessed, his eyes darting to the table in order to avoid looking at the heartbroken parents, "Claire is going to be so devastated..." Elizabeth whispered to her husband while wiping her tears, "Here in the hospital we can make her life a little better and even comfort her as she passes." Carlisle adds once more, finally looking at the parents, and at the sight his unseating heart broke.