Prologue

Adrianna had a terrible day. She was so depressed about everything that was happening in her life that her mind appeared to plead for some relaxation.

Adrianna Brooks was just a regular girl, but it seemed like everyone called her a "nerd." She's a straight-A student in college. She has also never run afoul of the law, so why does she find herself at a busy spot where everyone is listening to loud music? With persons who are hardly aware of their minds?

For teens attending college, it's just another typical day. But not for Adrianna; it isn't the right environment for someone like her. How did she get into a well-known Brooklyn club? on a typical college day?

Just as she was taking a big swallow from her whisky glass, someone sat down next to her on the bar stand.

"Can I have ..... a tequila?" All she could hear was a deep, husky voice.

Even though she recognized that voice a little bit, it didn't stop her from downing the entire glass in one sitting, making it her tenth cup of whisky. It is evident to all that she had already lost it and was not thinking well.

The guy who had spoken before interrupted her, "Please give me anoth-"

"That's enough for today, little chic." and she snapped back at him.

Her eyebrow went up. "Who are you to forbid me from having alcohol? Mind your own business, please."

As soon as she meets his gaze, she furrows her brows, attempting to decipher his appearance. His brown wavy hair is all tangled up from all the times he's run his hand through it, and he has ocean blue eyes. His muscles were practically evident through his black v-neck t-shirt and blue khaki pants. Although he is handsome, why does she think he looks familiar?

"I know I'm sexy and hot. So, sweetheart, stop staring at me." He laughs, pulling his hair aside and glancing at the girls, who are fawning over him and waving at him from behind.

"What?" She flushed, but she got over it fast. "Tsk. Like there's nothing more to look for." She says, "Trust me, I've seen better," pointing her forefinger at him. She rolled her eyes and turned back to face the bartender, waiting for another glass while crossing her arms over her chest.

The bartender observes her and the man next to her for a while, debating whether or not to give her since he is concerned about her ability to handle the quantity of alcohol she consumes.

The man nodded and groaned. Raising a finger, suggesting that it's acceptable to offer her. The bartender, Mark, nodded and got ready to make another cup.

On the stool, a phone started to vibrate and had the silliest ringtone ever. Adrianna, though, did not attempt to respond. The person next to her is intrigued by this. As he reads the contact "lunatic uncle Jack" on the screen, he nearly bursts out laughing.

The phone rang for about 10 minutes, and when she finally answered, she unintentionally turned on the loudspeaker on the screen, allowing the bartender and a few other nearby individuals to hear what was being said.

"Adrianna Jamie Roslyn Brooks! You ungrateful bitch!!!" Adrianna shuddered where she was standing when a male voice growled.

The guy next to her only needed to see her for who she truly is. The new information surprised him more than anything.

"Your name is Adrianna? Adrianna Brooks, huh? He held back. "The nerd of Wisdom Greenwald?"

The girl's gaze grew wide. It was as though she abruptly became conscious. She knew where she was and was ready to reply when her uncle, who was still on the line, shouted at her once more.

"Who is that? Where exactly are you? What is that loud noise?" Without waiting another second, she abruptly ended the call and turned it off while turning to face the man standing next to her.

"Here is your drink, Miss Adrianna." Giving her the drink, the bartender remarked.

However, she wasn't concentrating on that because, to be honest, she no longer wanted it. Seeing the perfect smirk on the guy's face made her almost regret it.

"Isn't this incredible? Is the little Miss Goody's two shoes going out to clubs?" With a playful grin, he leaned in to take a better look. "Impressive." She swallows hard in shock as he grins once more.

"No, no, no! Cedric, that's not the case. I -" Her vision started getting black before she could complete her speech. She tried to stand up from her seat by holding her head, but she was unable to do so. If Cedric, the guy from her college, hadn't saved her, she would have nearly fallen to the ground.

"Whoa! Whoa, be careful." When Cedric raised her to see her face, it was too late—she had already passed out. 

"Brooks. Wake up!" He tried to rouse her awake by patting her cheeks, but she refused to wake up. He sighed, whispering to himself.

"What am I going to do with you, Adrianna?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hola Amigos!  😊

It's your Author.  How are you all feeling today? 

Don't hesitate to mention any mistakes in the comment section. I'd love to improve my skills. And I need your views and comments. 

Please let me know what you think about the story with honest answers. Whether it's positive or negative, I'm willing to hear it.

Thank you for reading this. And I hope you'll support me until the very end.

Don't forget to vote, comment & share with your friends.

Claire ✌❤