Chapter 29

"Oh my God!" Beatris jumped out of Mac's bed, adjusting her gown and simultaneously raking through her conflicting thoughts. It felt as though she'd been forcefully dragged into a sick nightmare. How the hell did this happen?

"Hello, brother." Mac sat up both shirtless and remorseless. How on earth could a smile still tug at his lips after the disparaging act they'd been red - handedly caught displaying?

Norman was furious and dumbstruck as he stood there watching both of them, frantically searching for words but completely unable to find any.

Beatris walked towards him, even though she knew it was the most wrong thing to do. "Norman... I-I can explain," she stuttered, her voice coming off as a slightly audible whisper as she reached out her hands to touch him but she chickened out almost the same instant. This looked just as bad as it was, there was neither a plausible explanation nor a way out.

What was she thinking when she'd let Mac bring her to this place, or taken a glass of wine or even letting him convince her that this was what she wanted? The truth was glaring, she wasn't thinking at all.

"Of course she can." Mac got up from his bed and walked towards them probably trying to intimidate his little brother with his height, well built body and a little too muscular arms. "Tell him how much fun we were having before he rudely interrupted." Mac turned from the enraged Norman to the trembling Beatris. His contradictory smile still attached to his lips.

Beatris shook her head as her mouth hung open. Mac was unbelievable.

Norman only watched the scene play out as he struggled to muster even the least bit of strength he could. Walking in on his brother on the verge of having sex with his wife was definitely something he wasn't prepared to deal with after he had just been informed about his best friend's plans to abandon him and was still completely unsure how to salvage the situation.

Norman laughed. Yes, he laughed and couldn't careless if he looked or sounded like a lunatic because, his heart had been hurt deeply, shattered to uncountable pieces and even if it was an ironic expression that attracted weird glances from the other occupants of the room, It was all he could afford to let out.

"Tris... Let's go," He said once he had laughed to his satisfaction. There was a smile on his face as he extended his hands to reach out to her but she'd be a fool if she accepted it, knowing well that Norman, with how crazy he was could possibly even kill her.

"Norman, please..." She tried to move backwards and Mac sensing her fear got in between both of them.

"Leave her alone!" He yelled.

Norman smiled. "Fine." He said throwing his hands in the air in defeat. "You know what, brother?" He asked with a stern expression, swinging from one mood to another as though he was bipolar. "You can go ahead and have sex with her again. Maybe even make it harder and more painful this time. I could just sit over there and watch." He pointed at the sofa. "I've done it before, I can do it again!" He yelled struggling to put up a smile on his face.

"Stop!" Mac yelled, every hint of comfort gradually fading. He was about to get upset too.

Beatris watched both of them confused. "What the hell are you talking about?" She demanded to know, with her voice coming out more like a whisper.

"You really don't know? How could you be so dumb, Tris?" He asked.

"Norman, stop. Don't do this," Mac glared at him threateningly.

She shook her head confused, impatiently anticipating what was coming to hit her. Norman knew she wouldn't be able to stand it. But, right now, he didn't care. He didn't want to suffer alone, she had to suffer too and above all, he couldn't let Mac win.