Where is He?

I got up from my bed and immediately grabbed my phone off the nightstand. I unlocked it and looked for any notification from Elijah, which there was none. After setting my phone down I threw the covers off my legs and walked over to my suitcase which was still sitting next to the door. I grabbed out a pair of skinny jeans and a dark red off the shoulder crop top before taking a shower and getting dressed. As I did my makeup I kept waiting for a notification from Elijah. But none arrived. I checked the time on my phone, grabbed my keys and my bag before leaving the room and heading to my car.

As I pulled up to the school I noticed that Stefan was arriving with Elena. I went straight into the school and over to the office. After getting my schedule I looked around for my first-period class, which I was already late getting to.

I handed the pass I had been given to the teacher and walked over to my seat. Once I had sat down in my chair I looked at the front board and saw the teacher looking over the pass.

"Well, class," he looked up and set the pass on his desk. "Meet your new classmate, Cleo Salvati." I waved and gave a small smile to the class. As the teacher, looking at my schedule his name was Mr. Saltzman, continued class I tried to take notes. If I had to be here, I might as well pass.

It seemed like maybe half an hour before the bell rang, but the clock showed it had been a little over an hour. I gathered my stuff together and was walking to the door when Caroline stopped me.

"Are you going to introduce yourself?" She asks, kinda rude if I'm being honest.

"The teacher did it earlier, so you know my name. What else do you need to know?" I rolled my eyes as I turned around to face the three.

"What you're doing here would be nice." Caroline nodded as Elena replied.

"That's for me know, and you to," I pretended to have to pause to think, "maybe find out." I turned my head, letting my hair swing over my shoulders as I once again went to the door, I tsked and looked back at them for a second. "Though if you know where Elijah is and told me. I'd be inclined to tell you." Leaving them with that, I walked out of the classroom and to my next class.

After school, I stood by my car and tried to call Elijah again. As it rung I saw Elena and another girl walking out of the school, and they kept looking over at me. I rolled my eyes and got in my car, driving back to the motel and trying to call Elijah a couple more times. After I had given up for the night, I got dressed for bed and tried to fall asleep.

After a few hours of tossing and turning I got up, the thought of sleep was gone. I got up from the bed and went to the window, sitting on the seat and staring out into the parking lot. I checked the clock on the nightstand and saw it was almost five, as I looked at the sky I noticed the slivers of orange light eliminated the early morning. I got up and walked to the door and stepped outside, looking off the balcony and watching as the sun came up in the sky.

I realized that I had been out here for awhile and so I went inside to check the time. It was nearly six thirty. I walked over to my phone and noticed that I had gotten a message from someone I hadn't talk to in almost half a century.

Hello Love, it's been awhile, hasn't it?

I didn't even have to know the phone number to know who it was. How did he find my number? I kept my friends close, and few, to avoid this. Where was Elijah when I need him. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I grabbed my coat and headed towards my car, I decided to ditch school and go to the grill for the day.

As I pulled up in front of the building and turned off my car. Getting out, I noticed Damon at the far end of the bar and so I sat on the other side. After I ordered my drink I saw Alaric joining Damon at the bar. I listened in on their conversation while sipping on my drink. As they talked I noticed something was off about the other guy, maybe familiar was the right word. The way he was speaking cause me to look, and make sure. But when I saw that it wasn't him I quickly looked back and finished my drink. Gathering my things and leaving the grill. I was most certainly shaken.

Chapter 2 is finally complete. I wanted it to be longer, but hey it seemed like a good way to end the chapter. Next chapter will pick up days later. Because nothing happens in between. So....yeah. Please let me know what you think of the story and if you have any story suggestions let me know and I'll do my best to respond in a timely matter <3 ~KJ