If they didn't get beaten up by Scott, Jeff, and Dylan

We leave off on:

Parker sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I know you were. But I don't think it's something you can just-" And then we see Naomi start to get beat up, along with Parker. But what if Scott, Jeff, and Dylan never showed up? This means the fight wouldn't happen.

"I'm sorry, I know you were. But I don't think it's something you can just ignore in any way. I'm still surprised at how well you put my past with you behind. Why did you forgive me?"

I was quiet. I didn't know what to say. I really didn't feel good in the silence and try to look questioning to myself. I ultimately knew the answer, but then I felt embarrassed and tried to make a joke out of it. "Well, you sped up the car so much I couldn't even think of anything but getting out of that situation." I realized what it could have meant and quickly corrected myself. "Not that I would ever regret accepting," I said with a laugh but ended up sounding nervous.

His blue eyes locked with my brown ones. "I'm serious, Naomi. It's ok, I won't say anything."

I felt reassured but was hesitant. "Continue," he said, gesturing with his hands.

"O.K, well, from the moment I smacked the back of your head at our tutoring session, I saw something in you. I thought it was just pride, but then I realized I was pushing some sort of emotion away, and I realized what it was right after our first date," I smiled.

He squinted his eyes. "What was it?"

I smiled again, feeling now confident and comfortable in saying it. "Something I haven't felt in a long time. Love."

He laughed, and my heart started to beat loudly. Maybe the guys were right! What if he was pranking me and I took this way too seriously! Maybe- no, no, he wouldn't do that to me, he loved me, come on, Naomi, I smacked myself inside of my head. Snap out of it!

"I got scared for a second there!" He said after regaining his composure. "I thought you were being serious about the car!"

But then his gaze shifted uneasily. "But there is a problem, and you have to promise that you would hear me out." He said as he looked worried."

"Spill," I said as I drank a big gulp of water.

His voice stuttered and quivered as he was terrified, but I nodded my head, assuring whatever it was, we would solve it together. He was tense, but spoke anyway, knowing it was for the best.

"When I started to date you, it was a bet."

I felt a sharp pang in my chest. After recovering from the blow, I got up and was about to leave, but he held my wrist, holding me back. "Remember our promise? Now let me finish and you can hate me all that you want after that. Even call the guys to come and murder me if you want to. But please just listen."

As much as I wanted to smack him, I sat down with a glare on the outside but a rush of sadness and confusion. The guys were right, I was wrong, I should have never-

"Hello? Please listen," Parker pleaded with stormy and grave eyes, much different from his light and happy ones. Something is holding me back. I guess that's what happens when you love someone. You are blinded, even when they hurt you. "Fine," I retorted.

"Thank you. Now, it was a bet. It was about whether someone like me, a bully, could befriend the victim. And I was very egoistic and said I could date you and you would accept me as your boyfriend, you know, looks and all that."

"So?" I snorted in disgust.

"So, I devised a plan in my head. I would ask you to tutor me, because you love studying and all that, and I would slowly would get closer to you from there." He looked up at me, with a face of memory and half-smile, and it was hard to maintain a serious scowl on my face.

He continued, "But then I saw how amazing you were, on the inside and outside. How you could get a fool like me-" he pointed to himself, "to get onto your level, the highest there was! And at the library, when, before starting, I was checking you out, realizing that there was a special girl behind these glasses." He tapped the rim of my glasses. My cheeks felt warm with this.

"I loved you, Naomi, honestly, I did. I called the bet off, but Ray kept giving me second doubts. I pushed away all his comments and realized that if was with you, I would be happy." He said, grinning ear to ear. "Phew, it's good to let that all out."

...

Too much silence.

"Um, aren't you going to smack me or something?" he said as he looked confused. Wordlessly, I took his hand, and ran to a balcony only a block away. It was sunset, and I turned to face him, looking slightly up because he was pretty tall.

I hugged him as hard as he could. He was confused, but went with it. After what seemed like forever, I pulled away.

He smiled and looked to the floor and back to me. "You know, you still owe me the second half of that kiss, because Ray interrupted us." He said with a smirk. I took his collar and pulled it down so his head was that level. I met my face with his, and he did the same.

I held his hand and leaned close to him, so that our foreheads would touch. "I'm glad you came into my life. I'm glad I stayed to listen. I don't regret anything."