Cucumbers? Who knew?

I do not own the above picture, but this fanfic was inspired by it.

Marinette and Chat Noir have become good friends recently. It had started out really simple to be honest.

Marinette was on her balcony at night after not being able to sleep, while Chat had gone out to just wander around because he had the same problem. When Chat had spotted Marinette, he landed softly behind her.

"Hello Purr-incess, what are you still doing up?" he asked her. Marinette jumped slightly and spun to face the sudden voice, though already knowing it was Chat, he is the only one who calls her 'Princess' especially with a cat pun involved. "Hey Chaton, I could ask you the same, why are you here?" Marinette asked. "I asked you first Purr-incess." he smirked slightly.

She gave a small huff, and instead of arguing that their at her house, she shook her head slightly and gave a small smile, " I just couldn't sleep is all." He nodded, "Same so I went for a stroll you could say, then I saw you were still up so I figured I'd drop in. Hope you don't mind." "Of course I don't mind Chat, having some company would be nice." she smiled. He smiled himself and they went on to talk.

They continued to talk like this for weeks and came to really enjoy it. They would tease each other randomly sometimes but they both agreed not to tease about each other's crushes, it was a line not to cross.

Imagine Chat's reaction to seeing his (Adrien's) pictures all over her wall, to hide his embarrassment and shock he teased her about her crush, which she didn't deny and in return, she teased him about his crush on Ladybug. It didn't end well for either, and they both agreed to stay off the topic.

Timeskip:

Marinette had seen this video on the internet. It had to do with cats and cucumbers? She didn't understand why they were scared of it but it gave her an idea. She just had to see if it would work on Chat, not to be mean but because she really wanted to see if it worked on him and because she thought it would be cute, she was almost tempted to have Tikki record it. And she just might, not telling Chat at all though.

So she waited till he came to visit that night and had croissants and a cucumber at the ready. She was ready to set her plan in motion and had Tikki hidden and ready with her camera. Now she just needed to wait for Chat. He quickly showed up not long after and she set her plan in motion-

- Marinette started giggling while still supporting Chat, he quickly jumped from her arms, a blush covering his face, most of it covered by his mask, "Marinette~" Chat whined, then continued, with her still giggling, "Purr-incess, why?" Marinette ...

- Marinette started giggling while still supporting Chat, he quickly jumped from her arms, a blush covering his face, most of it covered by his mask, "Marinette~" Chat whined, then continued, with her still giggling, "Purr-incess, why?" Marinette recovered from her giggling fit, which Chat still thought was cute even at his own expense.

"Sorry Chaton, I just had to see if it would actually work! Please don't be mad or hate me!" she was still talking with a light tone but with the last sentence she straightened up an was completely serious and a little worried. Chat blinked, shocked she could think he could actually hate her, especially for something so small.