A Night To Remember

I was waiting for the arrival of my friends. I looked in my watch and found out that it's already seven o' clock in the evening. "Gosh! We're going to be late." I said to myself. I was going to contact them when I saw a girl who has a naturally tied up curly hair. Finally, my best friend came.

          "Hey Rinelle! where are the others?" I asked but my bestfriend just shrugged up her shoulders. After 5 minutes of waiting, I quickly grab her hands and headed to the entrance of the event. Well, I will see the others later.

          Today is ASTROCAMP. It's a overnight science camp that will held in our school.

          When my best friend and I are in the entrance, we gave the tickets to the woman whose assigned in taking tickets.

          I can see that a lots of students are already here in our school. My bestfriend and I went to the line of our section. Few minutes later when event has started. I turn around to my back to see if my SQUAD are already here. They smiled when they saw me and I smiled back.

          While listening to the speaker, I lay my head on my bestfriend's shoulder. Usually when it comes about science stuffs, I easily get bored and I don't why.

          The speakers prepared a science movie. While we are watching, they gave us some food. After the movie, the speakers told us that in any moment we will witness the beauty of the sky. Many students went to the open area of our school and so are the teachers.

          "Let's find a good spot." John told us. We search for any good spots here in our school but I can't find a good spot. John shout my name and I raised my right eyebrow when I saw the good spot he was talking about.

          "Seriously?" Gosh don't tell me that he wants us to lay on that car?

          "Come on, Anna." I don't know if I should follow him. The red car looks expensive and I don't know whose the owner of that car. OMG! I wonder if the principal owns that car. Damn my life will be ruined if she's the owner.

          I glance at my bestfriend and she's already near at the car. What kind of bestfriend is that? I mean why did she leave me alone here? I sighed I guess I have no choice.

          My bestfriend saved a space for me on the car. I was lying at the head of the car and right of me is my bestfriend. Elizabeth is on my left side while Charlotte, John and Victor are on the back side.

          While waiting, John teased Elizabeth for being a skinny girl. Well, John has a thin body but Elizabeth is more skinnier. John nickname her as Living Skeleton. It was harsh right? But Elizabeth just laughed whenever she calls by that nickname. Throughout the night, we talked about our projects that we haven't finish yet and the career that we will take in the future.

          John wants to be a biologist. Rinelle wants to be a photographer. Charlotte's a teacher. Accountant is for Victor.

          "Elizabeth, I know what will you take."

          "What?"

          "A model...for halloween." Elizabeth hit his head. I laughed at the situation, if I didn't know John personally, I would think that she has a crush on Elizabeth. Too bad John has a crush on our muse.

          Few minutes later when John point his hand on the sky. We looked up and it's a shooting star. The meteor shower is already started. I watched as the shooting stars falls in the sky. For my 15 yrs. of living, this is my first time that I witness such a beautiful scene. My friends make a wish. I close my eyes and make a wish too.

          My friends revealed their wish. Rinelle, Charlotte and Victor wish for a healthy career in the future. I laughed when John said that he wish Elizabeth to be able to gain weight in the near future.

          "What did you wish for, Anna?" Victor asked.

          "Sorry, I won't reveal my wish. If I told you then my wish won't come true." I winked at him. My friends are arguing and they said that it's so unfair.

          Suddenly, a light flashes on Victor's face. I follow where did the light came from and found out that the guard of our school was holding the flashlight.

          "Oh crap! We're doomed." Victor said. We're totally doomed if the guard caught us.

          "Run for your life!" John shouted. The two boys are running as fast as they could but I laughed when Elizabeth surpasses them. Rinelle and Charlotte are running in my front.

          "I'm such a slow runner." I said to myself. I looked at my back and found out that the guard is not chasing us. Wait. Did we just run like an idiot? Suddenly, I laughed at our situation. I glanced at the sky and watched the shooting stars falls by. 

          I remembered what Victor asked me a while ago. "What did you wish for, Anna?"

          "Even though we will take different paths in the near future, I wish that our bonds as friends will stay the same."

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Author's Note

So, why did I write this story? Well, I always heard from my classmates that Prom Night is a night to remember but I completely disagree. I wasn't a fond of parties. JS Prom was not my thing  even though my first dance was my former crush. So, I got the idea that what if there's another event that would make it a night to remember?  

For you, aside from prom night, what is your night to remember?