two

It was one of those rare instances when Felix got to his dorm and couldn't sleep. The TV was on, casting changing lights across Felix and the soft couch he was laying on. He had a blanket pulled up to his chin, leaving him nice and warm and cozy, but his eyes were wide open, not a trace of tiredness in him.

Well, that was sort of a lie. He was completely exhausted but his mind would not shut up and let him rest in quiet peace.

The stranger had been at the shop again.

He had been at the shop all week.

Every night he came in and ordered a different flavor, but it was always the same amount and it was always in the same fashion. This lead to a rather odd feeling that encompassed Felix.

Felix couldn't shake the odd feeling off.  It followed him in his waking hours and haunted his dreams, never leaving his shoulders and chest, remaining as tension that he despised.

He had yet to follow Minho's advice. He could not bring himself to talk to the stranger because he wasn't sure he wanted to know about him. Then again... Felix felt bad for judging him so harshly. Maybe he was just a guy who liked ice cream and always got cravings for it around midnight.

But why did he just now start to come? The answers to those questions didn't explain the bad feeling during the day either.

Felix sat up, blanket falling to his waist. He turned the TV off (It wasn't like he was watching it anyway.) and put the remote on the glass coffee table in front of him. The room went dark.

Was his roommate awake? Felix wanted to hang with someone, as a distraction, to get a sense of relief from the thoughts plaguing him. It wasn't often that someone was awake at five unless they were one of those super organized, I have my life together time to go for a run, type of people. Someone would be awake soon though, right?

Felix reached for the phone—or rather, he blindly felt for it on the coffee table—and lifted it so the screen lit up.

05:07

Felix sighed. It was too early to ask someone to go to breakfast. The dining hall wasn't open and most restaurants wouldn't allow customers in until six or later.

He unlocked his phone anyway, opening a messaging app and going to the group chat he was in with a couple of people from his classes.

felix has entered the group chat

felix has changed group name to "wake up hoes I'm hungry"

felix: does anyone want to get food w/me

A couple of moments passed.  No answers.

felix: ill pay

More moments. Still no answers.

felix: :(

Nothing.

Felix sighed for the tenth time on this early morning. It was expected, of course. No one answered him in that group chat even during the day. It was not a surprise that he got no answer now.

Felix stood, still in the clothes he put on when he got out of the shower—loose sweatpants, a black shirt—and shoved his phone into his pocket. Hesitation made his limbs move slower. He wasn't quite so sure he wanted to go to the convenience store this early when he was still on edge. A low growl emanated from his stomach.

Felix was out the door moments later with ramen on his mind.

~~