Chapter 8

"It'll get easier, i promise," John says as he strokes her hair.

Katie curls her finger through his chest hair. "I know. It shouldn't though. Killing someone should never be easy."

"You did the right thing. Negan was right, those guys were only after one thing," he assures her.

"I wish i knew that for sure," Katie frowns.

"Any plans today?" He changes the subject.

"I'm gonna work on that brew. The beer should be ready for tomorrow, fingers crossed."

"I'll look forward to it," he smiles.

"What about you? You going out on a run?" Katie asks.

John shakes his head. "Not today. I'll see if they need a extra pair of hands on the fence later."

Katie kisses him chastely. "I'm gonna go shower."

John takes her arm, pulling her close to him. "You want me to join you?" He smiles.

"It's a communal shower, i don't think that'd sit too well with the other women," she smiles.

"Never know, they might like it," he teases.

Katie slaps his chest playfully. "Shut up."

Katie steps under the shower letting out an audible sigh as the hot water hits her skin.

"Heaven isn't it?" Frankie smiles.

"God it is. I'll never take a hot shower for granted ever again," Katie says. "Does it run off the generator?"

"I think so. I hated being out there," Frankie says as she washes her hair.

"Were you out there long?"

"No, i met Negan pretty early on. He always handled the dead," Frankie says.

"Is that why you're okay with being a wife?" Katie asks, then wishes she hadn't. "Sorry, i hope i didn't sound bitchy?"

Frankie laughs. "Not at all. And you're right. Karen was his first wife, and i saw how he took care of her. Karen and i are good friends, so she asked Negan if he'd take me on as a second wife. He jumped at the idea, i mean, what guy wouldn't?" She laughs.

"And now there's three of you," Katie raises an eyebrow.

"There'll probably be more. If he takes a liking to someone that can't handle themselves out there then i guess it's just a matter of time before we have another sister wife," she says.

"Sister wife, sounds nice when you put it like that," Katie smiles.

"You know, if it wasn't for you being able to handle yourself, and that fact that you're with his brother, i think you would've been wife number four," Frankie says.

"Really?" Katie laughs.

"Really," Frankie nods. "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but John's pretty damn hot."

Katie smiles. "Well i guess i can't mind, what with them being twins."

"Ahh, so i'm not the only one who's thought about the whole twin thing."

"Definitely not," Katie giggles.

"There's something about John though, i can't quite put my finger on it," Frankie says as she turns off the shower.

Katie grabs a towel, wrapping it round herself. "Is that good or bad?"

"Oh it's good. It's like," she clicks her fingers trying to find the right word. "Even though the world's the way it is now, he still carries himself in a certain way, he's got class."