Chapter One: Morbid God

We were now all together in one and the same room. The room looked like a hemicycle, whose flat side presented a gigantic door in its center. A few meters higher, a balcony, adorned with a gold railing in ivy pattern was present. There seemed to be a back room to access it, but, that's just guessing. All the walls were of marble sometimes white, sometimes gold, drawing patterns similar to the ivies of the railing. At the center of it all, a levitating sphere, including two rings that revolve around it.

Diyana and I, were with height other people, four men and four women, or rather three men, three women and two children. We all looked at each other and judged everyone. Nobody knew why we were here ... Quickly, a tall man with a tan skin and white hair moved in the center of the room and spoke.

"As no one proposes to speak, I will begin to introduce myself. I am Wilhelm, and like you, I woke up without any memory, here, in a room, with Berengere, a girl I did not know, in the same bed. "

"We too!" Ylane said, "I woke up with Thilan, my new friend!"

"Same for us," Diyana said. "But I do not think we were sent here to be friends?"

In the distance, a timid voice was heard. "My name is Perrine ... Did not you hear that voice too?"

"Yes, she was talking about chosen one couples?" I replied.

"Name's Anthelme. I woke up with this woman without breasts here, but why are we referring to them as couples? I mean, she does not even attract me! "

Perrine, embarrassed, folded her arms to hide what this person called a defect. He does not seem to realize what's going on ...

"With Diyana, we tried to look for information in the libraries. And it seems like ... "

"... we must flee from here at all costs. Before he arrives, "says the last couple in chorus. "Indeed, Celestin and I, Clotilde, have searched the books and we have read that we should kill one another to fulfill one of our wishes hihi."

An intense silence ...

We knew, with Diyana ... But the others ... Their faces, their expressions ...

Suddenly, footsteps, and a light coming out of this high balcony ... He is there, the Morbid God.

Ylane and Thilan, Perrine and Anthelme, Clotilde and Celestin,  Berengere and Wilhem, Diyana and I, faced the balcony, its steps coming closer. And suddenly, the light was. A gigantic shadow emerged from the shadows.

"Dear chosen one! Welcome! welcome! I am what you call God. But you can also call me Lord, Master, ... In short, I am here to fulfill your dreams. But! As the humans lives in pairs, you, magnificent couples whose love is overpowering and ready to face anything! You must show me which of you is the couple who deserve it vow, it immortality. "

His speech sounded wrong, that love of which he speaks, nobody has it here, we are all strangers between us. Thilan raised his hand and spoke.

"God, God, what is love?"

"Love? Well, that's what you'll say with your partner throughout your adventure ... Tragic. "

"And if it does not work with the partner you have designated us!" Exclaimed Berengere.

"If this is the case, you will fail and you ..."

"Balderdash! We read in the books of our rooms. We are all doomed to die! God? What does it mean? Surely a pseudonym to hide your true identity of impostor! Let me be clear. You will go out, and we will come out of this morbid game on the field! No one here will have to sacrifice! I swear it! "Celestin seemed to want to rise as a hero. But if such a possibility is possible, it has the stuff.