Chapter 1

-Dayla

After leaving that place, I had turned into a shell, protecting myself from anyone and anything that might threaten my peace of mind.

I wasn't used to losing- it had a funny taste to the mouth. It bruised my ambition. It bruised everyone's feelings. Yet here I was, pacing in front of my desk, with piles of papers of information gathered in front of me.

There was no questioning it. A few important papers were missing- strategies, informants' names, and the blueprint of my house (which I had no idea why it even existed). I had called my second hand who was on her way here.

Brenner's warning kept playing over and over in my head.

There are only rumours about him, the Alpha of Chaos. No matter how powerful my pack is, we don't have a single picture of him. Only stories to tell and to fear his presence- Stories about his divinity, his timeless eyes which reflected the rage inside of him. People spoke about how he was too great, too powerful, too ambitious.

I had learnt from my parents that I wasn't supposed to underestimate him. They had an underlying guilt whenever they told me that the Chaos Pack was not to be trifled with. They were truly mad and barbaric.

"Alpha." A knock sounded on my door.

"Come in," I said, and leaned on the table. Myra entered inside with a grim look on her face.

Myra used to be a rebel. She still had the streak inside of her but it had been suppressed because of her loyalty to this pack. Fiery bright hair, and green eyes completed her look. They were a striking feature of her physique, which was as strong as the highest mountain.

"There's a mole inside my house, Myra. Find the mole."

"I will get to that. But Dayla, Brenner's gone." She said in a grim tone. I paused, looking up at her. I kept the file back on the table.

"Gone? Where?"

I could feel my own nervousness- the tension was overpowering. Brenner had just arrived a few days ago. Where would he go other than back to his house, to his family?

Myra looked at me for a long, hard moment.

"We... don't know. But his trace leads outside the pack."

Myra and I trudge across the old forest

Myra and I trudge across the old forest. The trees are as dense as can be. Even though I am an Alpha, I can't say I've ever tried to penetrate the deep forests that surround our pack. Most of what we make is derived from the forest. It provides us with chairs, furniture, and crossbows although I can say that crossbows are rather medieval so no one quite uses them anymore.

"We can't trace him after here," Myra confirms as I too realise that this is the end of the clearing. There's a cave to my right- one which screams danger. It's dark, and is quite big, with vines protecting the inside of the cave from any vision.

The sun is just setting, creating a beautiful sky with a myriad of blue, red and yellow.

"Should we go inside?" I question Myra who shrugs. My instinct tells me to get out of there- kind of like a premonition of someone's death. But my curiosity wins me over. I take one look at the dark cave- covered with creepers and vines and make the decision to take us both inside.

We both walk carefully towards the cave and I remove the creeper from there. I'm immediately held captive by the drawings in it. They aren't medieval but they certainly aren't this worldly. They actually look somewhat familiar. The cave looks bright- because the walls are a dusty brown. Though I can't see every nook and corner of this cave, it looks like its empty.

Myra gasps behind me.

I whirl around to see her on the ground, clutching her head. I hear a gust of wind- by my side, but I waste no time in rushing towards Myra. Her head is bleeding profusely but she stands up.

"Go. Go and call someone." I tell her furiously. My mind is in shock- I don't know what just happened but I'm not ready to clock out yet. Myra clutches her head tightly and shakes her head, trying to protest- but it's too late because I've shoved her out of the cave.

I turn around, hand in front of me defensively.

I hear murmurs from around the cave. They sound like a hissing snake- about a thousand just kept in one place. They grow stronger every moment, making me lean to the side of the cave.

Chaos. Feel it around you.

These words echo around me and I turn around to run away. I hate those words. They make me want to hurl myself off a cliff.

But something stops me.

"Are you sure you want to run away, Alpha?" I hear a deep, masculine voice speak out behind me.

The voice is soft, velvety even. It seems to resonate throughout the cave. It washes over me, inviting me to let go of whatever authority I have and disperse into disorder. It has a profound effect on me; I falter in my steps and I turn around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the speaker.

I see the silhouette of a man standing there- in the shadows. his figure is strong, and I see that he is quite tall. I can see the delicious way he seems to carry himself. I'm drawn to him. I can only see his shoulders but I know that he is there- causing havoc and making those noises. I can see that he is just... standing there. But the rumours haven't done him justice. His very presence is tantalising, but I feel suffocated now. It's because we're polar opposites. His presence would irk me and his power would disturb me.

And somehow, I know it is him.

Seth, the Alpha of Chaos.

He steps slightly closer, but I'm still unable to see his full face. I can only see his sharp jaw.

"Don't do this, Seth. You'll regret it." I strongly say to him. I hear a chuckle out of his mouth at this. His hands stay limp by his sides, and I have to admit that I am madly curious as to how this man looks.

"Don't say that, sweetheart. I won't stop you if you want to run away. But it would be rather rude if you didn't stay and talk to me."

"I don't think we should be cordial with each other, Seth. You haven't ever been invited to the annual meeting of the Alphas." I mock him and I know that it is enough to put him slightly out of control.

"I see you've skipped the pleasantries. Well, Dayla, it seems to me that I have Brenner and a very special person. Someone who has deep ties to you."

But he doesn't say anything else. My heart beats at a gazillion miles per hour, but I overcome that and stumble away. I've had enough by this time, and I turn around and run out of the cave.

Only one thing is on my mind right now- he's here, and he has someone close to me.

thanks for reading guys

thanks for reading guys. Please, please, please vote and comment. It would make my day.

Who do you think Seth has?