Chapter Two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lead the way, Mr. Dugrey," she replied with a broad smile. He places his hand on the small of her back and led her  over to a small table with only two chairs intentionally, hoping to discourage anyone else from trying to join them, when his cousin Finn has made a reappearance, when he went to introduce them, "Finn, this is Ma..."

"I see you met mother." Oh no.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how do you know Rory, Trist?" I asked my little cousin, he looked kind of cozy in the corner, I couldn't let her slip away again.

"Well, we went to high school together here, I was just about to introduce her to you. This is Mary..."

"Oh, shit..."

Looking between the two of us, Rory asked, "You guys, what is going on?" 

"Love, it's nothing, its been a long 15 years let's just say that and end that part of the conversation. I see you two were in the middle of a conversation, I'm going to excuse myself, and let you finish catching up, Rory, I'll see you a little later, could I trouble you into getting some dinner with me later?"

She looked at me with her doe eyes. "Of course, Finny. I would love too." She put her arms around me and gave me a big hug. I would always hold her dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that was a little random, and a little weird for everyone involved. How do you know Finn, Rory?"

"Well, that's a pretty long story."

"We've got plenty of time, and i could care less about getting back out there anytime soon."

"Well, you see I was on the paper at Yale, with this guy Logan Huntzberger, and knew somewhat of the secret society there, and wanted and inside perspective to kind of write about it, in the school paper. Logan, invited me along but there were rules. No pictures, no dropping names, and when he picked me up I had to blindfolded, so I wouldn't know where we were going to, it was a weekend long trip. I met Finn through Logan, as well as Colin, who is at the moment standing over there with the young Huntzberger, and Robert, who I went on one date with to Finn's birthday party. That was definitely a night to remember. Well Logan and I ended up together for 3 years, he proposed to me the night before college graduation, and he had our entire lives planned out, and I wasn't ready. I needed to live some of my life, before I could really get into anything serious anymore, so he left, and moved to California for his dad, and the boys and I all lost contact, because, well, they were Logan's friends, before they were mine, and I didn't want to intrude, or make them feel like they had to choose."

Sitting there in front of her thinking for a few minutes, I also looked up at Finn, here goes nothing I thought. "Rory, that's insane, and I can't believe I'm about to say and do what i'm about to. Finn is my older cousin by 2 years, his dad and my dad are brothers, and his mom and my mom are sisters, its a crazy societal thing, but they don't really live by society rules, most like you, Finn is in love you, and has been since before you even got with Logan, thats why he came over here, i'm going to try and be the bigger man, and leave, so that way he can come and talk to you, but you need to let him tell you how he feels, don't let him know you know yet, and don't push him away, if you'd like we can stay friends." and with that I kissed the top of her hand, got up, walked over to Finn. "She's all yours Finn, I'm bowing out." and then I walked out of the building, and called my sister for a ride home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't believe it. Finn being in love with me, I think preppy boy had really lost his mind this time around, about that time, Finn walked over to the table and sat down. "Rory, how are you, I seen Tristen get up and walk away from the table and just seen him walk out the door. What happened?"