Prequel - Void

Darkness surrounded me. I couldn't see anything,  yet wasn't blinded by anything. My own body was clear within my vision. There wasn't a rush of wind. I couldn't move a muscle in my body. It felt as if I was unconscious,  but also as if I was conscious at the same time. My mind was clouded,  my cognitive functions failing me. I didn't know what to do.

After hours of falling,  my vision began to return. I could see a sky,  clouds swirling. The wind began to rush past me,  starting out small at first, eventually growing into a gust.

The ground almost dented as I collapsed into a pile,  my body aching. I felt the darkness reconsuming me,  and fought it with all my might. It wasn't enough. I was almost retaken when I heard a voice, "Hey,  are you ok?"

I attempted to respond,  but it only came out as a groan. Although my vision still hadn't cleared,  I could feel them lift me into the air. They're arms felt off,  but I ignored it, just thankful for the help.

After a few minutes of being carried,  I was finally set down. I heard some other voices,  yet I couldn't distinguish them. I could only distinguish the fact that it sounded like a boy and two girls.

I decided to stop trying to listen,  and just to relax,  hoping my vision would clear up. Eventually it did,  and I found myself staring at the sky once more,  but on solid ground this time. I attempted to stand, slipping and falling in the progress. I didn't hear movement,  so assumed the others weren't around to help,  or were snickering in the background.

After multiple failed attempts at standing,  I finally managed to compete it. I looked around,  only to find the others were no where to be found. I was in a camp,  with a wagon outside of it. It appeared to he filled with goods,  food being the most of it. My stomach growled at the thought.

"You're awake!" a girl said from behind me. I jumped,  turning around in the process.

"Yeah,  I guess, "I replied,  voice scratchy. I was still unsure if I could trust these people. I looked at her,  and found her not focusing on me,  but the basket she was holding. A few moments later,  she looked up. Her eyes widened.

"What's wrong?" I ask quickly,  not wanting to anger them.

"Your eyes,  they're different colours," she responded. I hesitated for a moment,  trying to think about it. No memories of heterochromia popped into my head. I stopped thinking about it for a moment to examine her. She had long brown hair,  and wore a rugged t-shirt and pants. Her hair was in a bun and her eyes were a bright blue.

"It's called heterchromia," I answered politely,  still a bit worried but less tense.

"I've never seen anyone with it before"

"It's rare, that's all I know"

"Do you have both the elements?"

"What?" I was perplexed. Elements?

"Yeah,  void and necromancy," she answered calmly.

"I don't understand"

"It's okay,  maybe the fall messed with your memory,  well,  what's your name?"

"It's, " I hesitated,  "I don't know my name. I don't remember anything"

I know it's short but it's a prologue. Most chapters will be 2000+ words, so yay! All support is appreciated

Goodbye Kitties!