"Let me tell you a story..."

Hey, hey you! Yes, you. Let me tell you a story. Busy? I don't care. This story will interest you very, very much... Right, sit down. Get comfy, and, uh, buckle up, I guess!

Right, so the story starts in a village, not really far away from here, but not close either...

The boy our story is about eight - his name is Sam - he is a hybrid. Not entirely human. Your name is Sam? Got'a good pair of ears on ya' there, bunny boy. Interesting that you're both hybrids... So, he's going to his friends, or he's on his way there, when he hears noises that he shouldn't be hearing.

Hunters!

The child immediately runs away, through the clearing, into the woods, deeper and deeper, until he can no longer hear the fire or smell the smoke or inhale the thick smog developing around the damage. What he doesn't realise is that's what he'll be doing for a while - running. He runs and runs some more until he comes across a fairly well hidden cave, something made in a hurry, though, but definitely well prepared for an emergency.

"Sam." His parents had said. "If you ever are put in a situation where we are all in danger, go through the clearing and take the emergency supplies. Remember, remember the name Tailor Okami."

Mom, dad you're scaring me.

"Don't worry, bunny, you're our brave little boy."

I'll make you proud mom, dad, but what about you guys?

"Don't worry about us, mama and papa are alright."

And so the little hybrid skids into the cave, pushing thick, green vine after thick, green vine out of his way until he reaches a small bed, a locked box and a hat. Strangely the hat had two holes in it.

"That's the exact same as my hat!"

Yes, yes, I can tell. Purely a coincidence. Purely. Anyway.

He pulled on a fresh set of clothes, and set out the hat on his ears. Then he grabbed the bag and ran, unaware of the tears streaming down his face...

It wasn't long until he made it to the village, eyes puffy and cheeks flushed from exertion, legs rubbed raw. It wasn't much longer until he found Okami either. A blonde woman with light blue eyes and a far too cheery smile. Mom and dad had said he could trust her, so the hybrid was more than happy to stay with her until he knew what to do - if he ever would.

He hadn't spoken since then. Still hasn't a month on - hadn't even breathed the hint of a letter through his lips. One day, Okami shook him awake with a huge, joyful smile, saying "You get to go to school with me!"

Oh, yes. For a few weeks, Okami had been going to a school - something about a new job, and he'd been left in the hands of her friends at the orphanage that Okami had worked at.

Whadddaya mean, you're leavin'? I'm gonna finish my story, and you're gonna here it. Get over here, Sam! Listen to what I have to say...!