What a Night

Rain pelted the asphalt while a rickety old pick-up truck struggled shifting down the broken old road.

"I swear you ... old ... hunk of junk! Im gonna sell you for ... scrap ... damn stickin' ... gears," the woman driving it argued with the machinery. It would reply with more groaning as the clutch would scrape.

Having lost focus on the road and her surroundings, she looked through the rain just in time to see something large, black, standing in the middle of her lane. She quickly swerved, gripping the wheel, turning it to the left.

Thud, thud thud ... she hit it as her wheels spun, her truck no longer in her control.
The world spun and swirled around her as the truck flipped, skidding across the asphalt till it finally stopped in the ditch.

"Ugh," she groans, barely able to open her eyes. Everything is hazy. She is unsure of what happened and more importantly why she is upside down.

The rain comes down in buckets, causing a roar against the over turn truck. She reaches for her seat belt, but of course the temperamental truck doesn't let her go so eailsy.

"F-ckin' Hell! Argah!!" She yells, slamming her fists against the steering wheel, then the dash, then into the water soaked roof. This stops her, causing her to look up. Sure enough, the rain has begun filling the ditch. It's only a matter of time that it rises and she will be trapped, her head under water.

Frantically, she searches for anything to get the cursed seat belt off of her. Anything sharp will do. First, she tries to find her purse, but that is just out of arms reach, sinking in the growing water by the passenger window.

"Dammit!!" Tears build in her lashes from frustration. "Damn damn dammit!!!"

A loud bang above her, under her feet, causes her to freeze. Another bang with the crunching of metal tears through the roaring rain.

She had seen no lights, so it can't be anyone willing to help her. What if its a bear? What if it was the bear she hit, now seeking to eat her? Her fear continued to build.

Finally pulling her from her thoughts, she tried her seat belt again. She could feel the tickling of the rushing water against the top of her head.

This time, the belt unfastens with ease, causing her to fall head first, upside down, into the road run off water.

Sputtering as she manages to turn over, she spits out water and leaves while she starts digging through her purse.

Of course, her phone is soaked, not to mention now sporting a large spider crack through the screen.

One silver lining, the banging above her has stopped. The bear, if thats even what it was, must have given up.

But that meant she was now alone, stranded without a car or phone, miles away from the nearest town or home.

Finally, she managed to get the passenger window open enough to get out. Thankfully the old truck hand hand crank windows instead of automatic. Another silver lining.

Soon as she crawled out, she felt the full force of the rain against her shivering, soaked, body.

She heard a groan, a roar, and then a beast like growl, causing her to turn around and look at the road.

Her eyes went wider than saucers as she wobbled, unbelieving what she was even witnessing.

Two ... things were slinging fists and claws, biteing and physically tearing into each other.
Then ... one was tossed off the road, leaving the other which looked like a gigantic wolf standing, shaking from the fight, in the center of the road.
She swallowed, trying to rid her body of fear, but she still couldn't move, barely breathe.
Then, just as quick as the accident, the winged creature smashed into the wolf and they tumbled off the road.

She found the strength to move and turned to take off through the woods. With the first step, her ankle twisted and she cried out in pain. When she looked down, she saw the blood trickling from her wound.
Regardless, she knew she needed to leave. She pushed through the pain that followed with each step as she hobbled into the trees.

The rain coated everything in a shimmery glow that shined with each crack of lightning. With each bright light, the darkness became white. The tree's branches stretched like claws, grabbing at her clothes as she tried to run.

Her mind tried to tell her that she wasn't crazy, that she didn't see what she thought she saw. She was just woozy from the accident, thats what she kept saying to herself.

She didn't know far she had ran, but stopped, knowing she couldn't go any further. She tore off the bottom of her shirt, wrapping it around her wound to try and keep any extra dirt and leaves from getting inside it.

Soon as she stood back up straight and took one step, she was yanked backwards against a hard chest. Before she could scream, a large hand clamped over her mouth, gripping her face and turning her head to the side, exposing her neck.
His mouth crashed down to her neck and he sank his teeth, his fangs, in deep.

She gasped, her knees feeling weak as the beast tightened his grip around her waist.

Then, as quick as he attacked, he dropped her, groaning as he stumbled backwards, her blood trickling from his lips, and sizzling against his chest where it fell.

She scurried back amongst the leaves, clutching her wounded neck. Her eyes took in the sight of him as he dropped to his knees in agony, his throat melting as his eyes sparked in panic.

She heard a twig snap in the distance and she quickly shifted to look towards the sound. She saw a bare naked man, lumbering towards her as he clutched his arm. He was covered in fresh wounds and blood.

"Well then ... I guess I'm glad I didn't try eating you," his gruff voice spoke just as the other beast fell to the ground, bursting to ashes.

And there you have it. My first little short story for here. I'm leaving it open ended. One day it may become a story of its own, or may just be left as is.
More or less, this is a sample of whats to come when I get the guts to post more.

This has been typed up on my phone. I will edit it as best I can. I am no professional, so there is a high probability of errors.

Much love to anyone who reads.
Hope you enjoyed!
💋_Skellyton_