03. "until the levee"

there's trouble on the river, and whispers in the trees. i can feel it all around.

joy williams - until the levee

Previously on Teen Wolf

Derek furrows his eyebrows at the darkness, trying to adjust his vision, but soon looks down to see a sight they had all been looking to see for months.

Laying on the floor before him was a pale, bloodied figure. Red and black blood mixed together to coat her skin, she was almost unrecognisable but Derek knew it was her. The brunette hair matted together, dried tear marks cutting through the dirt and blood on her cheeks, lips an unusual blue colour and the only sign of life being the faint heartbeat in her chest.

He lowered himself to his knees, whispering words of comfort to Mia as he gently but swiftly picked her up bridal style. His original plan was to hopefully find her stable then find Boyd and Cora with Scott, but he had to make a pitstop first.

However, the only problem running through his mind was where did he take her?

The hospital, or to Deaton?

Now

YELLS of relief and shock could be heard from inside the Martin residence, and likely from blocks away as they heard the news. Mia was found. Lydia held her mother as she cried, stunned into silence while the Sheriff explained everything he knew; which wasn't much at all to be frank.

He knew that she was taken to the hospital and stuck with a long, long list of injuries and concerns from the medical professionals. It was Derek Hale who had found her, of all people, but he said to everyone that he had just found her on the side of the road a little ways out of town. It seemed impossible to him since they had checked almost every perimeter known to them but he didn't want to dwell on it too much, too happy that the girl was found alive.

What he didn't know however, was that while Derek carried an unconscious Mia to his car he went through an impossible debate inside his head. After placing her gently in the backseat, he sat in the drivers seat for a minute just staring at his hands now coated in blood. Hospital or Deaton?

Derek wasn't an idiot, he knew there was something supernatural going on with Mia. Wolfsbane affects her as much as it would affect any of the other wolf population, the black blood, recovering from a fatal bullet wound within weeks? Even the healthiest human in the world wouldn't have been able to survive the shot she did. There had to be something up with her, and that must be why the alpha pack took her too.

There was no imagining what she even went through, she was completely isolated from the others. Did they know she was even still alive? Did they try and find her?

Why would they even take her? Did they think she was a part of his pack too?

The questions being thrown around his mind at a pace he couldn't even comprehend anymore, he looked across the hall, focusing on the voices coming from the other side of the doors as he heard the commands being sent left and right from medical professionals. He made sure to contact Deaton before arriving, telling him to make it to the hospital as soon as he could so they had another perspective on the situation. Deaton, although having been woken up, agreed quickly.

"Derek."

He looked away from the doors, finding the face of a concerned Melissa McCall."She's barely reacting to anything I'm giving her in there, I- I don't know what to do but Deaton... he said she's, uh, she's fine?" Melissa laughed in disbelief. "She came in broken to hell but now... she's okay. Other than some malnutrition and dehydration she's surprisingly okay. And I don't know why, but that scares me more."