𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Jefferson Hatter also known as the Mad Hatter was abandoned in Wonderland by the Evil Queen many years ago due to one of her many vicious deeds. It was in Wonderland where he found love, but at a price of his sanity. He only ever wanted to live in peace with his family, but during the War of Hearts, it didn't seem possible.

           Then the time came when he thought it was over when he believed would have his calm. But instead, it was the leading royal family of Auradon. King Beast and Queen Belle, they had come to Wonderland to inspect it. It was called out of control and had no business coming above ground to join the other lands.

           But when they saw the children, that's when the panic came. They said they were helping them, that they would be surrounded by other kids their age, that they'd live a normal life. But to the Wonderland residents, they were taking the last sliver of happiness they had. To them, this was a hostage situation. When the Auradoners saw the children, they didn't see young kids in need of help, they saw an opportunity for themselves.

           Jefferson had it worst, after the death of his wife, all he had left was his son, Jax. And it broke his heart to hear they were going to take him away. He fought, but it only made it worse.

           Deemed an irresponsible guardian for young Jax, he lost his son.

        And Jax lost his father. The only one to take care of him all his life. And that day he made a vow, that he would get revenge on Auradon and how they've made Wonderlanders suffer.

        And sure, he accomplished his task, at age eleven he stole the Fairy Godmother's wand and set the residents of the Isle of the Lost free for a good total of four minutes and twenty-eight seconds. That landed him imprisonment with the Isle just as well. But he never stopped planning, he never stopped thinking up ways to get his revenge, and now he was surrounded by the worst of the worst, Auradon sending him here was a gift.

         They've underestimated him and his people for far too long. Auradon will get what's coming to them, the Wonderlanders would make sure if it.

        I would like to officially dedicate this book and its sequels to my best friend melly

        If it wasn't for her obsessive love of Tom Holland, I never would have considered him to be the face claim and I probably wouldn't of been so excited to write this and continue it. Sometimes the use of a good face claim is powerful that it can motivate you to write more and consider the future for the story.
So, thank you Melly for loving Tom, who knew it would come to this?

*******

If anyone is curious as to the mythology of this book, let me recount a few details and twists that I added:

- I will mainly be following the mythology from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass books by Lewis Carroll.

- Simple things like names and abilities were extracted either from myself or a mixture of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland as well as Once Upon A Time's version of Wonderland.

for example: Naming the Mad Hatter Jefferson like in OUAT.

- But, the most important thing to remember, is the difference between the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts.