My True Love

When he awoke, he could not move-his arms were restricted. They were tied down by scratchy hemp rope. He could not see-a silk blindfold covered his eyes. He could only feel. Feel the cold air on his skin, and the panic! he felt upon realizing that he was far from home. 

 ¨...Hello?" His voice came out as a raspy sort of whisper. 

"Ah," came a man's voice. "So he's finally awake."

When the blindfold was removed, a shorter man stood before him. The first thing he noticed about him was his eyes-eyes like sunshine through a glass of whiskey. His golden hair was lightly tossed, and he wore a mischievous smirk through the lollipop sticking out the corner of his mouth. By all means, he was handsome-but Mike felt no spark, only fear. 

"Nice to meet you. I'd shake your hand, but it looks like you're a bit...tied up. They call me Gabriel."

Mike tilted his head. "The comedian?"

"No, the archangel," He sighed. "But they called me 'trickster' for quite awhile."

Mike glared at him. "Where am I?"

"Hmm, I'd tell you, but it's probably not my place. Hey, babe! C'mere!"

A taller man stepped into view. He had a handsome face, the most beautiful hair he had ever seen on a person. Eyes that sparkled with happiness, but had true despair underneath. Who was it? Well, who could it be, other than the one and only...

"44th president of the United States, Barrack Obama?!" Mike gaped. "Jeepers! It's you in the flesh!"

He nodded, a cool and confident air to his smile. "Yeah, that's me. Or what I used to be..." There was a cold, bitter tone to his voice. "I left that life behind along with my wife and kids. She got remarried to Ronald McDonald. Now I'm with Gabriel, and honestly, I couldn't be more blessed."

Obama grinned at Gabriel, as if they were sharing a joke. "Honey?" He called. "Where's my super suit?"

He heard the clack of high heels before he saw her figure. Hillary Clinton strode into the room, glaring at Obama. "I'm not your honey-"

"I am." Gabriel raised his hand, a goofy smile on his face. 

"And it looks like our new member is finally awake."

New member?

"Bernie! Get in here and meet him!"

(Cue "Careless Whisper")

And then he saw it. The face of beauty. The man who would change his life forever. He took his breath away from the first glance. 

Bernie Sanders.