Tales of the Tower World - Contents

Available now on Amazon through Kindle Unlimited.

Available exclusively here on Wattpad is The Children of the Tower. It is something of a  fan fiction mashup, and so I chose to leave it here. 

I hope you enjoy!

* * *

Welcome to the Tower World. In this collection, you will find stories that range from the near future to two thousand years in the future.

The Towers were constructed to preserve both or species and our history. The earth has been exploited, mined, ravaged, and polluted to the point that the survival of the human race is threatened.

The governments of the world collect, sort, and their people accordingly. Some are used for their intellect, their strength, and genetic superiority and then placed into hibernation. A select few, known as the Sisters become the guardians of the tower. The rest of humanity, a burden on our dwindling resources, is exterminated.

Not all goes as planned.

These are the stories of those who fight the system, those who survive the hibernation, and those who inhabit the new world that is formed after the time of the Towers.

***

TEASERS

The Girl in the Forest

 There once was a little boy. He lived in a village at the edge of a forest — a dark, towering, ominous forest.

"Never go more than five trees deep."  He, like all the children, were told. "The forest's fingers can only grasp at you then. If you go deeper, she'll pull you to her bosom, and you'll never be seen or heard from again."

This story was written for the Horror Smackdown held in early 2012.

* * *

The Girl in the Tower

Prequel to The Girl in the Forest

"There once was a little girl who lived in a tall, dark tall tower. This tower stretched high into the sky, reaching into the clouds. The very top swayed in the winds, the clouds swirling about its eaves and awnings... 

Only the top levels of the tower were occupied. Her family, her sisters, and elders, rested in long lines of beds facing the large, sun-filled windows. She didn't often enter their rooms. When she did come to visit Mother, the buzz and click of her elders going offline was unsettling. Worse, though, was the way their translucent, milky eyes would struggle to focus on her."

Aly was the last of a dying breed, the sisterhood, the caretakers of the history of mankind. She and her elder sister, Mareike search the tower, knowing that there is something more, something missing. What they discover will change everything...

 This story was written for the Horror Smackdown held in early 2012.

* * *

Lean ri bruadar (keep dreaming) 

How far would you go, what would you risk to escape a fate where you are doomed to eternal sleep? We are all vessels, simply a source of genetic materials and experiences, every human is a resource. What happens if the world is no longer fit for habitation?

 This story was written for the Forbidden Planet Science Fiction Smackdown 2.0 held in early 2012.

* * *

Everything is relative

 After centuries locked in sleep, preserved only by the maintenance of the sisterhood of the tower, mankind has returned to the earth to colonize. Only the most hearty humans have been awakened to take on this task. This is the journal of one such man, Nathan Taylor, a pig farmer.

This story was written for the Forbidden Planet Science Fiction Smackdown 2.0 held in early 2012.