nineteen ✪

It was the second day of camp and we were told we would go on a hike.

I saw Seungkwan resting after every 10 minutes of walking up the mountain. Actually everyone was resting.

The only person who loved this was Yuta-oppa. I saw him running towards the top. Doesn't he get tired?

"Xinyi, do you w -" Yanchen was cut off, by guess who?

"Hey, here's water," Xukun said, offering his water bottle to me.

"Uhm? Thank you?" I questioned, taking the bottle from him.

I saw Yanchen's face darken as he walked away.

"What are you getting at, Xukun?" I asked him. He's been acting a bit strange ever since I saw him and Yanchen talking, or rather fighting with each other.

He shook his head, "Nothing. I just want to h-help you."

I nodded, pursing my lips, "Then help me find out what Changbin is up to."

🍎🍎🍎

We finally reached the peak of the mountain. Everyone was so tired. I can see my brother being dragged by Zeren.

Winwin-oppa was here too - except he's busy trying to stop Yuta-oppa from jumping and running around.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Changbin pulling Yoojung away from the crowd. I tapped Xukun's shoulders and motioned him to follow me.

We hid behind the bushes and tried to listen in their conversation.

"What is happening between you and Xinyi?" Yoojung asked.

"I should've asked my mom when I had the chance," Changbin cliked his tongue, ignoring Yoojung's question. "If I was a bit earlier, Zhou Yanchen wouldn't be here."

"But if your mom did agree, you'd have to marry Xinyi. And Xukun wouldn't like that."

I looked at Xukun who was busy listening.

"Xukun doesn't know what's good for Xinyi. All he does is get her into trouble, and who helps her? Us."

I'm really getting confused, right now. What the hell is happening??????

Yoojung furrowed her eyebrows at him, "The only help you did for her was at the haunted house. And you even lost your phone!"

"I didn't lose it! Someone hit my head and stole my phone."

"You're lucky Xiao Gui found her before Yanchen did." She replied, making my hands shake. "I wouldn't have imagined what would happen if Yanchen got to her first."

So, that was Xiao Gui? And he was saving me from Yanchen? I literally need answers now. I was about to stand up when Xukun pulled me down, "Shut up and listen."

Yoojung crossed her arms, "What are you planning to do now?"

"I just need to get Xinyi away from Yanchen. Then we'll let Ziyi and Xiao Gui do the rest."

"Are you sure you don't want to include Xukun into this?" She questioned. "He might sabotage the plan like last time,"

"He can do the first part of the plan then. That way, we can watch Yanchen and not lose him again."

They nodded and went back to opening, and started taking pictures like nothing happened.

I felt my heart beating as Xukun just sat there.

"What were they talking about? And what will happen if Yanchen did get to me? I don't understand anything!"

Xukun started massaging his head. "Ssh. I'm trying to connect the dots."

"Dots?! What dots???? That conversation was full of black holes!"

Xukun tapped the rock beside him a few times. He was quiet, then he decided to stand up, "Okay. I think I get it now."

I scratched my head, "I don't understand anything."

"Changbin, Xiao Gui, Yoojung and Ziyi are teaming up to get you away from Yanchen." Xukun explained. "I don't understand how they knew but it must've been from Changbin's mom since she's a famous businesswoman."

"What? You mean, Yanchen's the bad guy here?!"

"Isn't it obvious?" Xukun asked sarcastically. "Do you want me to draw a line for you?"

I hit his shoulder making me look at the scene with all the students on the other side of this bush, "I was so stupid for doubting Changbin. He didn't even do anything wrong yet he said he was sorry."

"You doubt anyone you find suspicious," He said and started walking.

"Well, don't you?"

"I had my suspicions, but I knew it wasn't right. Now, let's get you away from Yanchen."

🍎🍎🍎

THIRD PERSON POV

"What else do you want Yanchen?" A guy asked. He was tired from dragging his friend up the foot of the mountain.

Yanchen tilted his head, "I won't get Xinyi if Xukun stands in the way."

"Do you want me to get punched by Xukun again?"

"Why not? You know his punches aren't that strong,"

The guy scoffed, "Says the one who got rushed to the hospital and didn't come out of his house for 6 months."

Yanchen clench his teeth, "That was different. Now, will you help me or do you want everyone to know what you did to Xinyi? Including your girlfriend back home -"

The boy in question suddenly grabbed Yanchen's shirt, "Leave her out of this Zhou Yanchen or you'll be dead."

"So what's it gonna be?" Yanchen chuckled. "May I remind you who cleared your name after what your drunk self did to Zhengting's sister -"

"That was different. You dared me to -"

Yanchen cut him off, "But you didn't even do it. You just touched her -"

Yanchen was suddenly pushed on the ground. The boy, with no control of his emotions, punched him.

"Just because your family is higher that doesn't mean you get to treat people like this."

Yanchen stood up, massaging his gums. "That was some punch." He suddenly grabbed the guy's shirt. "Do it one more time Ding Zeren and I swear you will never see the light of day again."

🍎🍎🍎

A/N: AAHHH i hope i cleared some of the misunderstandings and confusion

please support my quanzhe ff like how you supported this!!

btw who's an nctzen here? I'm actually planning to write an nct fic (wtf i have to stop writing)

🍎🍎🍎

word count: 956 words
2/24/18