Warriors Drabble: The Sequel

Yay another one of these! XD (a V1 of the prologue lol) and it is based off the prologue of Tallstar's Revenge, so. . . Enjoy!

-

     Aspenfall looked at the Starclan cats respectfully, all the while trying to hide his excitement of becoming leader. Once he has received his name, the pain of gaining nine lives would have been worth it!

     "From this day forward," a she-cat began, her pelt shimmering in the starlight. " You shall be known as Aspenstar. Lead your clan well." She touched noses with him, Aspenstar nodded, " I will." And one by one, the Starclan cats disapeared. leaving only him and Blizzardtide; his medicine cat. 

"We should get back to the Whispering Oak" Blizzardtide told him. However, Aspenstar was too distracted. He didn't notice on how beautiful the forest of Starclan was. . .

"Aspenstar?" Blizzardtide mewed.

"I. .  I don't want to come back yet." Aspenstar meowed

Blizzardtide blinked in surprise. "Why? They have all already gone now. there is no reason to be here." The medicine cat answered back, his plume tail swishing across the starry ground.

"I can still smell their scent" Aspenstar retorted. "You can go back if you want. I won't be gone long."

     Blizzardtide sighed in defeat. "Fine. I will be waiting at the entrance. The clan is waiting, be quick." and just like that, he disapeared.

     Aspenstar immediately started to run, he wanted to take in as much of the beautiful scenery as he can before he could leave. The trees surrounding him seemed so familiar, yet alienated. And eventually, he could not run any longer. He may be a leader, but he still didn't have the boundless energy of a Starclan cat.

An     As he took another look of his surroundings, he notice a clearing in the corner of his eye. Aspenstar took a few pawsteps closer. Could there be any prey here?  he wondered. Unexpectedly, a small shape began to form out of nothingness. He supposed that it was Starclan prey, it was so small! too small to be a cat. He prepared to spring, but before he could, the small shape formed into. . . A kit? Aspenstar thought. It was a russet tabby with pale green eyes, it looked confused, like it didn't know that it was dead.

 Aspenstar frowned. "Poor thing. ." he whispered, he realized that this kit might have been stillborn; a kit that didn't even have a chance at life.   Then, a another, much larger cat appeared too, An escort into Starclan. Aspenstar  thought. the older cat began leading the kit away, and for a moment, Aspenstar looked into the kit's eyes. 

in a flash, Aspenstar felt a burning pain in his head, and flashes of different colors flew in his mind; Brown, Gold, and. . Russet. And then, a single thought was burning into his mind;

       The day when the sky is thick with water, the guilty shall usher forth a new fury, and  the end of peace.

When Aspenstar finally managed to recover, the kit and the warrior were gone. "I. . I need to tell Blizzardtide, I need to tell him. . . This is a prophecy!" 

-

-

I told myself "The prophecy drama is too overused, I'm not gonna use it!" 

And here I am. Using it.

M'kay bai