Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ipyana

The bright lights dazzled me as I opened my eyes. I shut them then opened them slowly. The man in the lab coat was standing in front of a large monitor. On the monitor was an image of a female pygmy and several numbers attached to it.

"Her biometrics show that she is ready for the operation." The man in the lab coat said.

"Yes. She is not as strong as I hoped she would be," replied a woman I could not see.

"True but she will have to do." The man touched the screen another image came up. It was a human cyborg. "I want to remove her left arm and leg. I will give her solar powered limbs."

They wanted to turn me into a human cyborg. My heart felt like it was going to bounce out of my chest. A human cyborg. I wasn't even a fan of light Techno- human modifying. I had to get out of here. The man turned and I closed my eyes. I heard the door open, the lady must have left. I slowly opened my eyes the man was facing the other direction. He was typing at the keyboard below the large monitor. My wrists were unstrapped. I quietly got up, he was so engrossed in whatever he was typing he did not see me. I moved forward. He turned around. I hit his leg, he fell down.He was getting up when I grabbed a tray from a nearby table and hit him with it. I kept hitting him till he passed out.

The man in the lab coat was already logged in. It was easy to get to the blueprint of the building. I could see the number of guards and where exactly they were. I entered Vinjero's number so I could find where she was. I got her location. I slowly exited the room. I could see the guard. He was heading towards the opposite direction. On his left hand side was hoilster and a blaster in it. I ran up to him grabbed his blaster. He spun around. I turned the blaster around and hit him with the butt of the blaster repeatedly. He punched me. I swayed backwards. I leg swept him and climbed on top of him. I hit him with the butt of the blaster till he passed out.

Vinjero was wearing a guard's uniform walking towards the elevator that led to this floor. I guess she was trying to escape too. I wish I had thought of wearing a guard's uniform.

"Let's go." I said.She looked at the blaster in my hand. "Vinjero lets go!"

She moved to where I was and shoved the blaster out of my hand.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

She grabbed my hands and put them behind me. "I have 911908." She announced loudly. There was an earbud in her ear like there ones the guards always had.

"You are one of them?" I gasped.

The lights went off. Vinjero fell to the ground. Her left arm and leg had intricate lines which were glowing blue.

"You are a human cyborg!"

She did not reply. I searched for the blaster in the dark. I found it, Vinjero grabbed my hand. We struggled. I punched her arm with my other loose arm. She let go. I ran. I could see with the moonlight. On the floor lay the guards all of them had glowing circuits in their limbs. They were all human cyborgs. I got up the elevator into the main floor which held the exit. I could see many captives ranning.

"We are here to rescue you." Said an unfamiliar voice from behind me. I turned around. It was an Akafula woman with her face painted. "Come with me." We made it to the exit. There was a bus-pod waiting for us. I looked back at the compound. It was so huge. It had many storeys.

"Get inside quick." The unfamiliar lady said. I got inside the bus pod. Inside were other captives. Soon more joined us among them was Tiwonge. I sat down in a seat far from the window, afraid Limbani might see us and shoot at me. Once we were in the sky, I fell asleep. When I awoke we were in Mzimba. Where were they taking us? Who were they? We pulled up at seemed like a church. There was a building beside the church. It looked like a house. A man dressed in black attire ushered us into the house. There wide room we entered, was filled with chairs.