A Starlit Sibling Session About Scientific Sweethearts

It's come down to this: the final Oneshot Tuesday! For now, at least...That said, this fic is a bit different, but I hope you'll enjoy it all the same. While it is shipping-based, the main focus is something else, though ultimately redundant. Ah, you didn't come here to listen to me blather on. Just enjoy. Oh, and it's set after XYZ 21 in the Ancienverse.

Author: Epicocity

Rating: K

Pairings: Amourshipping. Laserbladeshipping.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Pokémon...at all.

A Starlit Sibling Session About Scientific Sweethearts

A Pokémon Story

Clemont sighed, putting all of his rather meager muscle strength into turning the wrench on his machine. He just couldn't understand why this one wasn't working when all of its prototypes had. Was it the exhaust system? Or maybe the wiring was faulty? Adjusting the glasses on his face, Clemont turned to look at his blueprints, catching sight of their campsite in the evening light. Bonnie, Dedenne and even Squishy were helping to put the plates away from dinner, bringing a smile to the blond's face; Bonnie had really matured on this journey. Back in Lumiose, he'd be lucky to get her to clean her plate, much less have her help out in actually doing the dishes.

As he turned back to his blueprints he also saw his two travel companions at a more open space of their campsite. Serena was holding Ash's hands, like they were dancing, though the raven-haired trainer hardly looked enthused. Probably because they had been at it ever since they finished dinner.

"Can't we take a break, Serena? My feet hurt..." Ash was whining. Serena smiled at him and finally let go of his hands, allowing Ash to sit on the ground. Although, instead of sitting, he flung himself backwards to stare up at the sky that was painted in orange and red. Clemont watched a moment longer as Serena smiled at her boyfriend.

The very thought of that made Clemont rub the back of his head. It was so strange to be looking at Ash and Serena as boyfriend and girlfriend. Just a little over a month ago, he hadn't even had a clue that Serena liked Ash in that way; now it seemed so obvious...All that was just accentuated by moments like these, where the two of them would do something together at the campsite, like a date. Not that their first date had gone extraordinarily well...Clemont still had the unfortunate memories of being roped into that fiasco. He'd had to ground Bonnie for a couple days following it.

"Pikachu, would you like to continue?" Serena was asking, splitting Clemont's attention between the date and his blueprints once more.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed, earning another smile from Clemont.

"Great! Hawlucha, you keep up, too, okay?"

"Lucha!" It soon became almost impossible for Clemont to focus on his work as Hawlucha did some impressive footwork through the air and flipped around. Pikachu and Pancham were close behind him, flying through Braixen's rings of fire before Sylveon's Fairy Wind propelled them upward. Then Greninja and Braixen appeared to send a Water Shuriken and a Fire Blast that illuminated the still darkening sky beautifully as the three lightweights made perfect landings.

"That was perfect, guys! Did you have fun?"

"Pika! Pikapi, chu chu pika?" Pikachu asked of his trainer, running over to him and onto his chest.

"You looked awesome, buddy. You, too, Serena, though your performances always look great. I probably just screw them up." Serena appeared to giggle and Clemont saw her throw herself at Ash's side, the two so close to each other that their noses were touching. The sight made Clemont just a little uncomfortable.