MuggleBorn Fangirl of Nowhere and Nothing

We all know the story of Harry Potter, the Sorceress Stone, the Chamber of Secrets, the Prisoner of Azcaban, the Order of the Phenix, the Half Blood Prince, and the Deathly Hollows. That is sufficient to say we all know the story of Harry Potter and most of his close companions. But what about the rest, the others, after all, every story has its extras, what do these ones have to say?

We will start on a bright sunny morning, the birds are chirping the cloudless sky a pale blue in the early morning light, an a young, impressionable, about to be sixth grader muggle born girl, is sleeping soundly. As the hours pass, she twitches, and flinches, and whimpers at every slight breeze. When the light of early afternoon touches her pale cheeps she burrows deep into her fluffy comforter and hugs her stuffed bear tighter. All around her room are posters of the nerdy variety, doctor who, merlin, and paintings, ponies, kitty cats. A cat curls up at the foot of her bed and a old brown dog lays her head on the mattress, wagging her graying tail and snuffling around for crumbs. 

This girl is no rockstar, does not know she's a witch, and her only external feature that sets her apart from all the other students is her huge blue eyes and elbow length blond hair. This adorable wisp of a girl is dreaming about starting sixth grade. And how fun it will be, just kidding, how horrible tedious it will be actually. What she doesn't know wont kill her, yet.

The letter arrives via post, It is on thick yellowing parchment and smells musty, the handwriting is ornate and difficult to read, and the seal appears to be wax. It arrived on her bed in late afternoon, and beside it was a owl feather. She puzzled over it for many hours, reading it, rereading it, and repeating. Neither her nor her parents knew what to think of it, beside it was obviously a hoax, no one had ever heard of this Hogwarts, let alone seen anything like this!

Bored with this, the girl, Misty is her name, goes and watches Ben 10 and Avatar. She drinks a sprite and eats a PB&J. Then she goes and plays in the Valley of the Moon park with her friends Marina and Jessie. She sees a girl there swinging all alone on the swing sets. The girl is about her age with boy short curly brown hair and a narrow face, a smattering of freckles covers her nose and her eyes are almost black in color. Baggy jeans drag in the wood chips and a huge t shirt with a smiling dinosaur of it covers her skinny frame, stick like arms hang out of the giant sleeves. Did she know this girl would be her friend in future, no one knows for sure, but she passed her by all the same chasing after Marina in a wild gait the showed no respect for rules. 

Later that evening a man knocks on the door, he asks about the letter, when her parents demand he tell them what the meaning of the letter was, he explains…