Chapter 29

I couldn't leave you hanging, at the start of a good fight...
So next update, present, for you...
- - -

Ben gently pushed the men that hadn't been inducted to the pack forward to where Juliette was bandaging the, now barely conscious, very pale victim of the attack. "You still want to be part of this pack?" She asked sincerely surprised.

"Hell yeah. I haven't had a purpose since I left my old pack. I never realised how much I'd miss it." The smallest man replied with a feral gleam in his eyes. He was still huge compared to Juliette but for a wolf he was small. "I was a tracker once upon a time. I'd be honoured to join your pack."
"We are under attack here." She said, looking closely at his face.

"Yes, Alpha Rhonson." He simply replied but she read his face when she asked.
"You are enjoying this!" She accused the man that she had only ever seen working in her father's fields. All the men chuckled, even her brothers.

"Yes ma'am." He replied cheekily.
"You're mad!" Juliette told the man.

"Oh. You can't help that... We're all mad here!" Harry quoted from Alice in Wonderland. This time all the men burst out laughing.

In the link Rianna silenced them all effectively when her voice entered their heads. 'Whatever you were laughing at in there, made it fun here too. The two that were supposed to draw you out lost their calm and came too close, too fast. Ry, I'm gonna take the targets at the orchard. Game on.'

Ryker sounded positively dangerous as he replied to his twin in the link that connected all of the Fringe Lunatic Pack. 'It would be polite to ask our pack mates if they would like to play. There are more out front. Benny boy, you kids wanna play too?'

'No thanks Ryker. I'd rather not introduce our Alpha to your games.'

'She's sinking into our world faster than you can think of an appropriate cursing word to address it with Ben. She knows we're not Boy Scouts.'

'Doesn't mean she'll appreciate what you two think are games. In the world she comes from death isn't a game.'

Juliette spoke in the link. 'She is right here and no... games don't involve death as far I am concerned. Ryker and Rianna, I would appreciate it if you remember that my brothers are still very young and raised human. They are also in this pack and our link.'

Guilt and shame flooded the link from the twins but they remained silent. Juliette smiled at the fact that they were sincerely apologetic, even without saying anything, so she quickly said.

'You two go play your game, just don't share the details in the pack link.'

'Thanks babe. Game on sis. Let's see take some numbers. On three.'

It was silent for a few minutes. Dangerous silent, like nature was holding its breath hoping the dangerous predators would pass. The Silver Heart blended into the shadows, everyone was holding their breath in the house but nobody heard Rianna move. The link suddenly buzzed with anticipation. 'I'm in position. One!'

Ryker answered. 'Two.'

They both said three at the same time. Their game had started. In the house not a sound was heard while six strangers lost their lives. Juliette started to induct the tracker into the pack and felt two new link come into being. The man that had been wounded gasped awake.

"I am pack?!" He stated in awe. "You let me in."

The others were just as surprised but Juuls grinned. "Two for the price of one inductions?.. Just lighten up people. I had a bleeding hand and stuck it into his wounds. I was still touching him when I inducted the other guy, obviously that's enough."
The fifth and last man was inducted very quickly because they could all hear the rumble of vehicles speeding up the driveway.