TATRIU Chapter 1, Writing practice

Enjoyyyy:

_____

"Today at 5 o clock of the morning, a police squad was found seriously injured in an abandoned building at the south of the city in Minelisa. The survivors of the squads were rushed into the emergency room of the closest hospital the minute they were found. The injuries were mostly concentrated in the upper body of each individual and which thanks to the information we know, were mostly of gun shots and deep claw marks. The current state of the people that worked in the squad is still unknown and the question if they are going to live or not remains locked behind the doors of the hospital.

"What kind of monster could possibly do that?"

The terrified gasp of a young woman startled him as he didn't hear her approach until she was standing beside him. He blinked fast as he noticed he was day dreaming, lost in his thoughts and completely oblivious of what was going on around him. He surreptitiously turned his gaze slowly around his surroundings trying to see how many people managed to approach without him knowing. Apart from the young woman standing beside him, there was a tall man who was at her side grabbing her hand and an elderly woman sitting quietly in a near bank, watching silently at the screen.

He let out a long sigh of relief as there weren't as many people around him as he initially thought, the past three nights without sleep were finally making a number in his body. He rubbed his tired eyes with his hand as he once again focused his gaze in the TV screen of the store he was currently in. He tried his best to ignore the hunger pains that erupted from his empty stomach, it was late in the afternoon and he still didn't have a proper meal, all thanks to my stupid job he rolled his eyes and suppressed a low groan at the simple thought of it. The news channel was playing on the TV as a professional dressed woman was reciting the facts and acts that happened in the early morning that day

"AJEDRA investigators have been examining the crime scene since they received the alarming call for help thirty minutes before they arrived the place. The injured bodies of each of the police officers were hidden behind a blocked door in the back of the building, putting each one of their health in a dangerous risk. It is believed that the criminal who committed the assault left the place as fast as he noticed that AJEDRA was called, and since every member of the police squad was in intensive care in the hospital, investigators in charge of the case haven't been able to interview the victims."

"I don't know who did that, but whoever did it is a complete nasty coward!" The man at the side of the young woman buffed in disgust.

If he was going to be honest, he couldn't possibly agree more with the opinion of the man. He is conscious that whoever did that had their reasons to flee the crime scene, nobody who did that and had common sense was going to stay there until AJEDRA arrived. It's just a thing of perspective. After a couple of images were shown on the TV of the abandoned building and short videos of how paramedics moved the injured bodies of the police officers to an ambulance were placed on the screen, the woman started to speak again.

"The true identity of the criminal is still unknown as it seems they managed to escape the crime scene without leaving any traces behind them, making the work of finding them and make justice harder than it already is." The woman walked until she was standing close beside an AJEDRA investigator. It was another woman, slightly taller than the journalist with blond hair tied in a bun and light brown eyes, she was dressed in the typical uniform of the organization, a black and very light armor. "Here we are with an investigator of AJEDRA named Jennifer." The journalist stopped to shake hands with the investigator and close the distance between her microphone and the officers mouth.