My Fifteenth birthday

I was in school. My parents said it was my last day of school, because I was turning 14. But, I thought they were bluffing. So, I acted as if nothing happened. But I still told my friends. "Hey guy's" My friends heads peered up from there lunches. "Yeah, what is it?" My friend Kaylie was sitting next to me. "This may be my last day here. As you know, I'm turning 15, we get our jobs, or we can stay in school. I am leaving school, at least for a little while" I took a breath, not even knowing my job. "Where you going, whats your new job?" My friend Carmen looked confused. But that was expected. "I donno, I was told I was going to a job apprentice ship. Some Red Coated guy showed up, I think a few months ago, saying he had an interest in me." 

  "Okay...?" My friend Averi just came up. Holding his lunch. "I think I know your job. But my parents say it a stupid and annoying job." He sat down to my left. Hes been my friend for half my life now. He's a bit older than me, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. " It's old but, I think it fits you. You and your master use swords and knives, but now guns are being more and more deadly, who uses swords and knives? We were living in 2019, and who knows. It maybe late in history to use these kind of weapons. "Whats this job called?" I asked. "I have no idea. I've never really pestered them into it. But my Dad said his friend did the job, and his friends died a few months after the training." I started to eat my lunch, but I gulped a little to loud. Kaylie tried to reassure me. "Knowing Seth, He just might join the Military. He may be 14, but these are desperate time. Wars are happening, and they need all the men and, even if they need kids they'll do it." I was in a JROTC class. I knew a lot of combat, how to use a gun, and how to make bombs. (Won't go into detail in that). "That's a bunch of bull shit" Carmen protested. You have to be at least be 18 to join the military, and if  they need to get kids, the lowest age would be 16." The bell rang. I didn't eat my lunch knowing modern day tech was getting better and better. Unless were time travelling, I don't want this "new" job. All I wanted to ask for is a nice weekend to sleep. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 26, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

My Masters Apprenticeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें