Chapter 11

Maks' POV

I had just climbed into bed when I received a text from Meryl.

"Shit" I said under my breath, as I collected my things and ran out to my car. What's wrong with her? Is she okay? Then it all clicked, what the hell is Charlie doing to her!? I pounded the steering wheel with the palm of my hands. I'm going to kill him if he hurts her.

What am I saying? She's not my girlfriend or my sister, why do I care so much? Do I love her?

Before I could finish my thoughts, I pulled into the beach parking lot. I noticed Charlie's car and the anger started to boil up inside me. When I came to the opening of the beach, I looked left and right, looking for some sign of them. Then to my left I saw tiki torches in the distance with two figures laying down on a blanket.

"Meryl" I whispered to myself, starting to sprint towards them. When I got closer, I could see Charlie on top of helpless little Meryl. I could see both their clothes in the sand. Charlie was getting ready to take Meryl's underwear off when I grabbed him and threw him into the sand.

"Get off of her!" I yelled at him. I took off my shirt and told Meryl to put it on.

"No, don't touch my girlfriend! Tanith, come here." He said. I was a little confused. Was he on drugs? Or drunk?

"Her name isn't Tanith! Leave her alone. Come on Meryl, I'm taking you home." Charlie tried to pull Meryl away but I picked her up bridal style and ran towards the car.

"Maks," Meryl said in a whisper.

"What's wrong?" I asked, seeing a concerned look on her face.

"We can't leave him alone. He'll drive drunk and get himself hurt. At least let me call Tanith to come pick him up."

"You're right." I said putting her down. I waited patiently as she called Tanith and she finally hung up. "She coming?" I asked.

"Yes, I told her almost everything and she said that she's brining some friends to help her get him home." I could see the worry and fear written on her face.

"Okay" I said picking her up once more. I could feel her shaking with fear and she started to cry into my shirt.

When I put her in the car, I realized that she was in a deep sleep. I reclined the passenger seat so that she was almost laying down. Every once and a while, I would look over and admire how beautiful she was. When I looked over again, I found her green eyes staring back at me.

"Goodmorning, sunshine." I said, moving a strand of hair out of her face.

"Goodmorning." She yawned. "Except, it's only like 11:00 at night." I laughed at her wittiness.

"You're home, honey." I said kissing her forehead. I walked her up to her front door and was going to turn away when, she grabbed my arm.

"Maks, will you stay with me tonight? I don't feel safe without you."