Dizzy

I stumbled around outside until I found the sidewalk. I was starting to feel sick.
It was pitch black everywhere other then the faint street lamps lining the road.
My house was only a few blocks away so I started walking along as quickly as possible.
I didn't realize yet I had slammed the door waking up Awsten in the process

I was a couple feet onto the front yard before I collapsed.

                    -Awstens point of view-
I heard a loud noise
I immediately looked around the room to see that all of Rachel's stuff was gone. Apparently so was Rachel.
For a second I worried that someone had broken in and kidnapped her but there was no way I would sleep though that.
I jumped out of bed and walked over to the bathroom door.
The medicine cabinet was wide open.
The only thing missing was Rachel's depression medication which had spilled out into the sink.

I ran back into the bedroom , pulled on a sweatshirt ,and checked my phone.
One text from Rachel.
I'm pretty sure I read it a dozen times over before understanding what had happened.
"NO"
I don't know how Geoff (who was also staying over" didn't hear me yelling but he stayed fast asleep. I ran straight to Rachel's house but by the time I was halfway down the street I could already see her.

9-1-1
"911 what's your emergency"
"My girlfriend is passed out outside her house and isn't breathing"

After telling them where I was they told me to stay calm and wait for an ambulance to get there.
It felt like hours waiting even though I'm pretty sure it was only 10 minutes. I picked Rachel up and carried her over to the ambulance as it arrived. I would have taken her inside her house but her parents were out of town which is why she was staying with me.

                     -Rachel's point of view-
I could hear people moving around me.
Everyone talked in hurried whispers as if they didn't want wake me up.
I'm pretty sure I sat there for hours just listening.

Eventually I opened my eyes.
The first thing I saw was Awsten sitting in a chair right next to my bed. He looked tired as if he hadn't slept in days. He probably hadn't.
The room was all white which made his purple unbrushed hair stand out. He must have been crying seeing as his face was glistening with tears.

Was I supposed to be dead?
I'd never seen Awsten this sad about anything. He always seemed so happy and was always grinning and laughing. Something was wrong.

"Awsten?"

The next thing I knew I was engulfed in a bear hug. We stayed like that for more then an hour.
I've never really been one to cry over someone's shoulder but this was different.
The crying was going both ways.

I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital for a week which meant i had to fight with Awsten everyday to make sure he went home and took care of himself. But no matter what every time I woke up Awsten was back by my bedside.
Sometimes he would watch The Office or Park and Rec with me but it was kinda awkward.

I didn't know how to explain what had happened that night.

(Sorry if this seems kinda rushed but I don't want to make this to long)