Chapter 22 - Fatherly Advice and Moving On.

((Small amount of sexual content at the end, although it's not very graphic at all))

___________________

Harry P.O.V

I wish that I could carry her but this is our ungodly hour

~

15 messages I had sent her, and that was just today. She had ignored them all. Every time I decided to dial her number it merely went to voice mail. I wanted to go and see her at work or at her house but I knew I would only face the rejection I had felt when I last saw her a week ago at the cemetery.

The hallucinations had become more frequent, yet now I kind of enjoyed them. It was always Tom and I always spoke back now, it was weird and extremely abnormal but I couldn't help but feel comfort from it, a complete vent of my emotions.

I had moved back in with my parents, as I had little reason to stay at the small apartment any more, I only started using it with Ava when she had nowhere else to stay. I laid on my bed as I held a tennis ball in my hand throwing it continuously upwards. I always tried to distract myself doing things like this, though it almost always never worked.

“Harry, we hate seeing you like this” I was interrupted as I heard my dad speak, suddenly knocking me back into a sense of reality, I hadn't even been aware of him coming in. The only response to his words that I gave him was a laugh.

“C'mon Harry, just get up and do something worthwhile.” he tried to instruct.

“Why do you care anyway?” I said.

“Because you're my son” he replied. I rolled my eyes.

“Then do what's best and leave me alone”

“No, if you wanted to be alone you should have stayed in the flat” he spoke, moving my feet so he could sit on the bed.

“You know I'm really not in the mood for a father-son talk” I told him, my tone harsh.

He looked at me sympathetically before speaking; “Look, things like this aren't easy, when I met your mother-” he started but I cut him off.

“Do you think comparing this to you and mum will help me? You two do nothing but argue in fact I seem to recall your arguing was the cause of your own son's death” I shot back, his facial expression appeared to become angry and he gritted his teeth to hold back his annoyance.

“Let me finish” he said. “When I met your mother, everything changed for me, she made life worth living for me” he continued, and I cringed a little. “We do still argue to this day but we still love each other, and yes if we hadn't been arguing on the phone that day maybe Tom would still be alive but we can't change anything now and we have spent everyday since and will spend the rest of our lives feeling guilty”.

“What's your point by all of this?” I interrupted. He hesitated for a moment before continuing.

“The point is your mum wasn't easy, never has been and never will be and it wasn't until I realised I had to fight for her that I truly won her over. Maybe you need to do the same or you need to just walk away and move on but lying here feeling sorry for yourself won't help anything and isn't going to get you anywhere in life” he spoke, pushing himself up from the bed.

“You make me sound pathetic”

“You aren't pathetic, you're just in love. So fight for her or walk away and move on it's up to you but don't lie here all day waiting for something to happen by itself, because it won't” he said before getting up and shutting the door as he left the room.

I sighed heavily as I pondered over his words, he told me to fight for her yet I haven't stopped calling her in the last week and it was her that wasn't fighting. Maybe I should just walk away and let it go, move on from her, in fact that was probably the best thing to do, even if I did fight, I would never win. She would never feel for me what I feel for her. Moving on; it couldn't be that hard, surely?

Rowan had invited me to a party tonight, I wasn't going to go but maybe it was best and would be like the first step in this whole moving on process. When I decided I would go and I arrived, Rowan was on to me nearly as soon as I walked through the door, her usual clingy self wrapping her arms tightly around me telling me how glad she was to see I'd come.

As she passed me a drink, she bought up Ava. “Grant told me about you and Ava, you never needed her anyway Harry, she was just a bitch” she mocked.

“She isn't and never was a bitch, you're just jealous Rowan” I scowled.

“I'm only jealous that she can have you any time she wants, jealous that she can stop us from having such a good time that you constantly hold back from” she whispered into my ear as she moved her body closer to mine and she stood between my legs whilst I sat on a stool at her table. Her fingers were running over my arm and she was constantly passing me more drinks and before I knew it we had both left her house.

We were in my now unused apartment and I had her pressed up against the wall, her legs were wrapped around my waist whilst her fingers tangled in my hair and my lips made contact with her neck. Then we were on my bed and she was squirming underneath me as our bodies clung together with sweat and she whispered sweet nothings into my ear and told me how much better she was than Ava. My mind was in a completely different place, and even though I was currently with Rowan my thoughts ran to Ava and how the girl beneath me wasn't her and could never live up to her. I kept telling myself to move on and it was that that led me to continue what I was doing, that allowed me to pull her close to my body after we were both satisfied and her eyes were drifting shut to sleep, myself soon following.

When I awoke the next morning, someone was knocking on the door and I rolled over groaning as I tried to ignore it but it didn't stop.

“I'll get it” Rowan said as she got up out of bed and picked up my shirt from the floor, throwing it over her head. I tried to roll over and go back to sleep but I could hear her talking to whoever it was and knew that it might be important so got up also and followed through, my boxers the only thing I was wearing.

“Who is it?” I asked as I came up behind Rowan. As I finally got a glimpse of who stood behind my door my jaw dropped and my heart tore in two once again as I saw a very confused and almost hurt looking Ava looking between Rowan and I, trying to make sense of the situation before her.

A/N: Hey! Sorry this chapter is short and rubbish :( and sorry I haven't updated in a while, I haven't been that well and I've been so busy. On Sunday I saw the boys at Wembley and it was probably the best day of my life, I was so close and I'm pretty sure Harry and I actually made eye contact at one point , I love him so much omg.

Anyway thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment.

Also, don't forget that I've uploaded the first part to my new story, it's called "1914" and if you haven't yet checked it out please do. It's another Harry fanfic and I'm going to upload the next part after I've finished this which won't be long now as we haven't got many chapters left.