тнιrтeen

OWEN GRIPPED ONTO her wrist when she turned off path and toward the Innovation Center. "Where are you going?" He asked, unwilling to part with her knowing what had just been released. They both wanted answers, but at the moment, they would find them in different places.

"The lab," she responded and he released her wrist.

Dr. Henry Wu was sitting at his pristine desk nursing a cup of hot tea when she pushed open the door to his office. Alysanne Sattler was red-faced and angry. She had just seen men die because of the recklessness of the creation lab and to see him without a care was nothing more than a slap in the face.

"What kind of DNA did you use?" It was more of a demand than a question and it startled the lead geneticist more so than her sudden entrance. He sat the teacup down and folded his hands on the table, finding the audacity to smile at her in a manner that bordered on condescending. "I'm sorry Dr. Sattler," he began with a terrible attempt to sound genuine, "but I'm not authorized to disclose that type of information."

Alysanne felt her ears beginning to burn. She pointed toward the door, "I think you can make an exception considering that people are dead because of the monster you've created." From the corner of her eye, she could see him reaching for the security button beneath his desk. Ally almost wished he would press it.

He opened his mouth to protest, but stood up straight when the door to his office swung open again, "Mr. Masrani." Simon Masrani entered, his own expression was a mixture of things she could not place, but the look he exchanged with Ally told her enough.

Frustrated, Ally left out the lab and joined the crowd of tourists in the innovation center. A hand curled around her bicep, but she had a good guess of who it was. "Get anything?" She turned on her heel and looked up at Owen Grady with a sour expression.

Ally shook her head and tried not to think about the failed exchange. "Wouldn't tell me shit." In all honesty, she probably would have been better off trying to hack into their computers to get answers instead of asking nicely for them. "Your end?" She questioned, noting that he looked even angrier than when they parted.

"A whole containment unit's dead," he muttered, voice low so that no one could overhear them. Alysanne looked around at the throng of people who didn't realize what was happening, oblivious to the dangerous situation that was far from being resolved. "We've got to get these people off this island." Yet telling them that a killer dinosaur had escaped would only create chaos.

"Ally!" She turned to see Claire Dearing rushing toward her through the crowd and in truth, Alysanne couldn't ever remember a time when Claire had been in such a state of distress. "Ally, oh my god."

Alysanne grasped her friend by the forearms, "Breathe, Claire."

Claire nodded and drew in a long, but unsteady breath. "It's Zach and Gray," she said, still frantic. "They're still out there in the Valley."

Owen looked down at the two women. "C'mon," he said, leading them out of the Innovation Center and back around the building where a handful of service vehicles had been left.

✹✹✹