- may 31st 2018 -

The Knight's family home, Toronto, Canada:

I look around my bedroom to see if there is anything else I need to pack in my suitcase. When I'm satisfied that I have everything I need, I zip up my suitcase and haul it out of my bedroom. As I leave my room, I spot my brother Cole walking out of the guest bedroom.

"Why do you have more bags than me and I'm a girl?" I chuckle when I see the two large, overfilled suitcases behind him.

Cole rolls his eyes at me. "We're going for three months, I need at least two pairs of clothes a day." He says with a sassy tone.

"And they say women are obsessed with how they look." I mutter with a smirk on my lips. Cole scoffs at me and shakes his head, he follows behind me with his two giant suitcases as we walk down the stairs. We leave our suitcases at the bottom of the stairs beside our parents and follow the sound of our parents talking to each other. Cole and I walk into the kitchen to see our mother and father sitting at the table, they both raise their heads to greet us when we enter.

"Are you two ready?" My mother asks when Cole and I sit at the table with them.

"Didn't you hear the noise of Cole's multiple suitcases?" I ask turning to look at Cole, he throws me a glare from the corner of his eyes at my comment.

"What time is the flight?" Cole wonders leaning his elbows on the table.

"Seven," Jonathan, our father, tells and pushes Cole's arms off the table. "So it's a good idea to sleep on the way there."

"The Beaumont's take up the house next to ours again?" I ask my mother, I am almost bouncing in my seat as I wait for her answer.

"They did, they sent us an invite to theirs for a dinner on our first night back. They've been there since May, Maria says Nick has flew all the way from Durham to spend the summer with them." My mother informs me. I nod back to her in understanding, a faint smile forming on my lips at thought of seeing the Beaumont's son again.

"Oh, Jonathan." My mother says turning to look at Cole and I's father. "Don't forget to tell them about William before it's too late."

"William?" Cole wonders with his nose scrunched. I too look to our father with an intrigued look, who is this William and why must we know about him?

"Thank you for the reminder, Alice." My father smiles leaning forward in excitement. I turn to Cole, who is already waiting for me, and I raise my eyebrow. Cole copies me and we turn back to look at our father, who the heck is this William person?

"So you two know how I've been working with some new clients this year?" Our father asks looking between Cole and I, we both nod our head. Our father is a hockey agent who works with some of the biggest names in the NHL mostly the people in Toronto where we live, but also works with past players too.

"One of those new clients is the father of the Nylander brothers, you've heard of them, right?" Cole and I shake our head as our answer. Who is he talking about?

"It's too late to explain who they are, but basically we have invited William, one of the sons, to join us on our holiday to Marseille." Our father announces to me and Cole. I stare back at my father dumbfounded, is he serious? Did he just invite some stranger to our family holiday? He has to be mad to think I am happy at his decision, they should have talked to us first! Who invites someone who we don't know to a holiday for three months?