Awsten Knight (Waterparks)

Powerless- BxG

My best friend Awsten was leaving for tour tomorrow morning. We known each other for a couple of years now. I was working the bar at a venue his band, waterparks, played at when they were just starting out.

We started talking and then we just ended up staying in touch and now I have such an amazing friendship with him and the boys, Geoff and Otto.

I had arranged to hang out with him today as I wouldn't see him for two months. I heard a knock on my door at around 11am and I ran down the stairs of my apartment and opened the door to the purple haired boy, who was wearing his goofy smile and huge sunglasses that he always rocked.

"Hey Wren!" Awsten engulfed me in a hug that warmed me inside out.

"Hey, I thought we'd just chill, have a movie day and order food. My roommates gone to his girlfriend's for the weekend so we can be as loud and annoying as we want." I smiled after Awsten pulled away from the embrace.

"That sounds awesome. I'm so down." He said walking into my shared apartment and closing the door behind him.

He ran up to my room where my tv and Xbox was, we had one in the living room but then again my extremely comfy bed wasn't in there.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of HEB orange juice that I always have for when Awsten came over, and I also grabbed a bag of chips, before walking up to my room.

Awsten was already sprawled across my bed, looking through Netflix.

"Make yourself at home why don't you." I said sarcastically, laughing at how comfortable Awsten was in my presence.

"Aw gee thanks, I'll be sure to do just that." He said with a smirk plastered on his adorable face. Oh wait, did I not say that I have a huge crush on my best friend? Cliche, I know.

I hopped onto the bed and laid besides Awsten and handed him his orange juice, and he handed me the Xbox controller.

I scrolled through Netflix before settling on some shitty romcom we've both seen hundreds of times, but we were probably just going to talk over it anyway.

"Are you excited about the tour?" I asked opening the bag of chips.

"Definitely, I wish you could come and be my cheerleader though." He laughed.

"You've already got thousands of fans doing that already." I shook my head laughing.

"Yeah but you're like our number one fan." Awsten smiled making eye contact.

"What determines that?" I say diverting my eyes to my tv screen.

"Because you're the inspiration to a lot of my songs, and you're always motivating me to do more. That makes you out number one fan in my books." I blushed and looked back to Awsten's pale face.

"What do you mean, I'm your song inspiration?" I asked genuinely confused, I was sure he'd never wrote a song about me before.

"You make me powerless and I think you're rare." He said softy. My breath hitched, those were love songs, not best friend songs.

"W-what?" I asked in a barely audible whisper.

"Wren, I'm really sorry I've never told you before, quite honestly I've never been brave enough," my heart was pounding out of my chest, what was he trying to say. "But, I like you a lot, not just like a friend." He smiled and looked down at his hands in his lap.

"Awsten-" I didn't know what to say, my best friend, who I had feelings for, has just told me he likes me as more than a friend.

"Oh shit, did I just ruin are friendship? I totally get it if you don't see me that way. Fuck, just forget I said anything." He started to panic slightly and the only way I knew how to stop him was by kissing him.