Bright Love

"Yo Emmy!" Ace yelled to me, we were at his party. He came next to me and sat on the porch swing I was sitting on. The party was for all of the senior graduates of that year.
     "What Ace?" I asked, I tucked some of my hair behind my ear so I could look up at him clearly. I put the book I was reading to my side, stowing it into my purse.
     "Why aren't you up partying and having fun?" He asked me, his face painted with faux hurt. Ace was always a kind boy but he never talked to me, never. Him inviting me was useless when everyone already knew that I don't talk much and I don't party.
     "Because, I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a loner." I stated and pulled my book back out, seeing that the conversation would end quickly. I was sadly mistaken.
     He twisted his arm into a snug fit around my waist, I looked at him warily, putting the book away. "Well, Emmy, that changes now." He pulled me into a standing position.
    "What are you doing?" I asked, clearly upset. I tried to tug out of his arm but failed. He headed us towards where most of the partying was going on.
    "We are going to party!" He exclaimed as he led us to his backyard, which was turned into a dance floor for the night. Ace choreographed us into a simple slow dance, placing his hand on my waist. We swayed to the soft music,  high-school couples twirling around us.
    "No!" I said in panic, "We are not doing this!" I tried to say angrily but ended up giggling in the excitement of it all.
      "Says the one laughing, see you're having a good time!" He pointed out. A strand of my hair fell out of place, he moved his lips up my cheek and pushed the hair behind my ear using his lips. I blushed a deep red, but tried to hide it as I looked away and at the couples swaying around us. He chuckled and used his hand to tilt my face towards his.
     "You didn't have to do that y'know?" I said, stubborn as ever. Surprise hit his face and he looked at me with wide eyes.
     "Emmy, you just don't get it do you?" He tsked, Ace looked at me, his face softening as he saw my confusion.
    "Get what?" I asked and tilted my head to look at him. He sighed and twirled me a singular time then led me through the other dancers on the floor to the side of his house, a completely vacant place.
    "I have a crush on you Emmy. I have for a long time. Even though you're always quiet and you never see me." He leaned into me and his lips brushed mine. I was surprised and taken aback. Then, I kissed Ace back, his lips soft.
    "I-I think I do now Ace." I whispered.