✔V E N T I S E T T E

Chapter 27

Iris' Pov

It 's around 7 in the morning when the bedroom door swishes opens silently and Luca stumbles in, looking utterly exhausted.

I had just gotten out of the shower not too long ago and was now sitting at the vanity, brushing my hair into a neat top knot.

"Look who's back." I glance at him through the mirror, it's a brief look before I continue with tying my hair up.

I was upset with him. He had left in the evening and hadn't even bother to call, worse he didn't pick my calls up, nope he purposely declined them all before finally shutting his phone off.

"You didn't wait up, did you?" He grimaces as he tries to smile.

Frowning in disapproval, my eyes shift from my reflection to him and I finally take note of his state. His entire body is smudged with dirt and what seems to be blood. He has rips in his t-shirt, rips that show his taut torso beneath but no wounds. Luca looked like he had been drag through the pits of hell and then crawled his way back up.

My brush clatters from hand as I fly up in concern about to rush to his. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." He grins waving it off dismissively before quickly disappearing into the bathroom.

My eyes narrow at the door which clicks shut, he never shuts the door. I shake my head and drop down into the vanity's chair.

In no time the sound of the shower comes on and I struggling to hear I swear I hear him grunt and curse in pain. Looking away from the door I brush it off, convincing myself that if it was serious he would have told me.

Or maybe he wouldn't, he was Luca after all. I mean when did he ever tell me anything? Never, he never tells me anything.

Once I've tied my hair up I stand, drop my robe onto the floor and grab my black lace panties, stepping into it and pulling it up my legs.

As I'm to reach for my bra, the water stops and few seconds later the locks clicks open and Luca re-emerges from the bathroom, a towel hanging loosely on his waist, showing off his sexy v line.

Water droplets race down his hard pectorals as if it were race and his silky hair clings to his forehead, some unruly curls sticking up haphazardly. Like the perfect setting for a photographer the warm glow of the sun gloriously kisses his skin, it was almost unreal. He was unreal.

Eyes still rolling over his glistening body, I purse my lips upon seeing the slight scrapes that mar his skin and the quickly darkening bruise at his side.

Choosing to drop my question of his bruises thinking he would tell me, I realize his heated stare on me.

"What?" I grumble, averting my eyes and getting my bra on. I was still mad at him, I reminded myself.

"Nothing, amore. I'm just thinking about how truly beautiful you are." He compliments before walking over to the closet.

I blush slightly, resisting the urge to smile widely at his sweet randomness.

As I'm tugging my army green ripped jeans over my ass, buttoning it, I gasp lightly as I am pulled back suddenly into his chest, my barely covered dry skin pressed firmly against his wet, hard chest, his arms caging me.