The Truth, Renata Edition

Warning: Mentions of su*****

The following night after Vita had told the truth to Liang, she is recommending Renata to do the same with Zhuang.

Sitting in their room after dinner, Vita is happy to tell her sister about her revealing the truth to Liang.

"Me sentí un poco mejor contándole a Liang todo sobre los últimos tres años. Fue bastante difícil incluso discutirlo, pero ciertamente ayudó. Él era muy comprensivo acerca de mi ... (mouthing) pensamiento suicida." (I felt kind of better telling Liang about everything from the last three years. It was pretty hard to even discuss it but it certainly did helped. He was very understanding about my... (mouthing) suicidal thought.) said Vita.

Renata was pretty surprised at her sister's last two words.

"¿Lo hiciste? Pensé lo mismo..." (You did? I thought the same thing...) She said quietly. Both girls had not told their parents and they knew they have the right to know. But they fears bringing up the topic because they don't want their parents to freak out too much.

"Lo sabían, pero todavía tenemos que decírselo." (They sort of knew but we still have to break it to them.) Renata nodded in agreement.

"Chica, deberías decirle a Zhuang lo que pasó, también. Sobre lo que pasamos." (Girl, you should tell Zhuang what happened, too. About what we went through.) Vita recommended.

"Tienes razón. Voy a. Sólo tendré que arreglarlo." (You're right. I will. I'll just have to arrange it, though.) Renata nodded.

"Sí." (Yeah.) Vita agreed.

"Buenas noches." (Good night.) And the girls went to sleep.

--

The next Monday at math, Renata mustered up the courage to tell Zhuang something before the tardy bell rang. Everyone was excited because the school year was almost over and signing each other's yearbook. Zhuang sat down at his desk with a smile expression on his cute face.

"What's up?"

"Not much. Hey, um... there's some stuff I need to tell you. Not here. It's, um... kinda private."

"Oh okay. My house this weekend?" Zhuang suggested.

"Sure, sounds good." That's good because summer had just about to start soon. Their last day is the following Friday.

--

On a early Saturday morning at 6am, she lie awake thinking what will she say to Zhuang. She had woke up half an hour earlier and is quite nervous. But when she remembered what Vita told her, that it felt good getting all the stuff off her chest to a well-trusted person besides her parents. They loves their parents and all, but for some reasons, they weren't in the mood to tell them, even though they knew half the stuff going on. They still didn't know about their suicidal thoughts, although the thought hadn't last long. For Vita, however, she started having those thoughts a day before they found out about their move to China.

But for Renata, was a bit different. She have a low immune system and have a bit of a problem with her school attendance. It seems with her depression, it had gotten worse.

Normally, she'd missed approximately like 5 to 7 days each semester. But starting 8th grade in second level, she missed 15 days of school in the first semester and 12 days in the second semester, which was a total of 27 days. Her attendance limit each semester is 13 days, but she saves her credit by attending to make-up credit hours, which wasn't hard for her since she's smart. And when she was in 9th grade, she missed 14 days and 17 days in the first and second semester, the total of 30 days. This year's attendance before relocating to China, wasn't good. She missed 16 days in the first semester and missed 9 days so far in this semester, but tried to come to school even if she's a bit sick. Sometimes she was successful, sometimes she wasn't. All in all, she missed a complete total of 82 days in the last 3 years. Her parents tried to home-school her so she won't have to worry about her attendance, but she promptly refused. She doesn't want her sister to be all alone at school, supposedly making it even worse than needed.