10

Romanov and I stared at each other, neither one's gaze moving away from the other's.

His hot breath hit my cheeks and I shivered because he was always so much warmer than me.

"You know you should stop touching me like this," I murmured finally, looking at the beauty-spot on his neck.

Romanov stilled above me and my eyes snapped to his, his stare hardened, and he moved closer, this time kissing my jaw.

"Like what?"

My breath hitched in my throat as his lips pressed against my cheeks, then the corner of my mouth. He stopped and moved back, his eyes on me.

Suddenly, he leaned forward, and his lips met mine, a light brush, like a spray of water by the sea.

He moved back, and I opened my eyes, already breathless.

"Like that," I breathed as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

Everything seemed so unclear, I blinked trying to think about all the times he tried to pretend it never happened, about his dismissals, and his fiancée.

Thinking about the fiancée seemed sobering and I began struggling to move away.

"You know you should really stop" I bit out suddenly, "You can't keep doing this when you're engaged."

Immediately Romanov moved back, his eyes wide with surprise.

"What?" He muttered out, one eyebrow cocked up.

I frowned. "Engaged?" I nudged a finger into his solid chest "You?"

And when a minute later there came no reply my frown hardened, glaring straight into Romanov's now golden eyes.

"Oh, come on, your fiancée's clothes are in the closet in my room, Mr. Naight."

Romanov continued to glare, and I threw my hands against the bed, rolling my eyes as I did so. "What?!"

"I'm not engaged!" Romanov finally growled, in that moment I noticed how mad he looked, my eyes widened realizing how well he was controlling it.

"You're... you're not?" I blurted out, wide eyed staring into Romanov's blazing ones.

Roman suddenly blinked angrily and in a blur moved away, standing near the door, his hand gripping the knob.

"No, Miss. Olivia. Those clothes are from my designer aunt, for when I finally... get engaged."

Then turning the knob, Romanov pulled the door open and strode out, shutting the door behind him with a slam.

I blinked in surprise. My wide eyes stuck on the closed black door that Romanov had just strode out of, my mind still reeled with his words.

He wasn't engaged.

My mind still marvelling at the latest information, I turned away from the door and turned towards the large mass of the room.

The huge room surprisingly stood fully modernized, no hint of anything old castle like in it. My eyes moved from the sofas to the television set, then to the two doors settled on the further left, the two-large ceiling to floor glass windows settled along the right of the room had me mesmerized when I realized Romanov's room was on the highest tower.

The sound of the door click open sounded around the room and I turned just in time to see Marsha and Sophia moving in.

"Hello!" Sophia signed brightly, smiling at me.