Changes

When I was little, I used to think that the numbers on the clock wouldn't change if I was looking. It was only now I realized that your life can change just as fast as the numbers on the clock, whether your looking or not.

                        __________________________________________________________

        That morning was like every other Sunday morning, I woke up at ten o'clock like I normally do. I hopped in the shower, got out of the shower, and threw on my clothes for the day. I put on a dark gray cropped top that said, "Bad to the Bone" on it and then some camouflage high waisted shorts on and I let my dark brown hair air dry.

        I walked the long, winding, stairs of my beach house to go into the kitchen. I should probably mention that I'm 18 and I live in a beach house with my best friend Kylie. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw a plate on the table with, two pancakes with syrup on them, a glass of water, and a fork and a knife. In front of the delisious food was a note card. It said, "Here's some breakfast for you. I ran to the store real quick, I'll be back soon. - Kylie". Now this is why we're best friends. 

        I placed a finger on the top pancake. It was room temperature so she should be back soon. I sat down and started eating the pancakes. Once I ate every last crumb, I put my dishes in the sink and washed them. Kylie and I were the type of people who like to keep everything clean and organized.

        Right when I finish washing the dishes Kylie comes stumbling in the door with at least two big bags from Abercrombie, three big bags from Hollister and four big bags from Victorias Secret. This becomes a normal thing when you've known Kylie for so long. She's not an over exaggerater she's more of an "under exaggerater".  

        I go over to her and help her with her bags. I say to her, "How much did you spend?" Don't get me wrong. Moneys no object because we won the $130,000,000 lottery so we are basically set for life. The thing is she litterally goes to the mall every other day. How much new stuff could they have? "Oh only about, $500 this time. But don't worry. I got you a little something too." I have to admitt I was kind of happy. I mean, I'm a girl of course I like getting new clothes.

        I follow Kylie up the stairs and into her bedroom. We both plop all of the bags on her bed and she heads over to her closet to get hangers. She starts puling things out of the bags, putting them on hangers, and then storing it into her closet. She has only gone through five of the nine bags she brought home and she shuts her closet. "Thats for you." she says pointing to two Victorias Secret bags,  a Hollister and an Abercrombie bag. 

        I open up one of the VS bags first. In there was a mint greem bandeau bikini bathing suit, some nice, comfortable, dark gray, baggy sweat pants with the "Love Pink" symbol the left hip, a hot pink night shirt that says, "PINK" in black bold letters across the chest, yoga shorts with a white wasteband and the word "PINK" in black lettering, and a lot more from all the other bags. I run ove to Kylie, hug her and say, "Thank you Kyles! Im going to the beach to show off my new bathing suit. Wanna come?"

        "Sure, let me get dressed.

        I go into my room, put all of my stuff on my bed, and get into my new bathing suit. I have to say that I looked pretty good in it. My stomach is flat  and my whole body is a nice golden brown. Once i have my bathing suit on, I grab my brown, lace cover up and slide it on. Then I slip on my new brown flip flops from Hollister, and look in the mirror once more.  Kylie screams from downstairs, "You almost ready Kendall?"

        "Yeah I'll be down in a minute."  I grab my phone and walk downstairs to see Kylie wearing the same exact bathing suit as me just in hot pink instead of mint green. I'm almost jealous of how pretty she is. Her hair is dark brown, shoulder length and she has a turquoise ombre dip dye to it. Everything about her face is perfect too. She is also supper skinny and has that golden brown skin tone. Ever since we were little, all of the boys liked her better than me. She says, "Ready?"

        "Yep. Let's go." and we headed off to the beach that is only about a 5 minute walk from our house.

        Once we got there, we laid down our towels about a ten feet away from the water. I removed my cover up and flip flops, and laid on my towel right next to Kylie. I grabbed my phone and headphones. Kylie took one earbud and I took the other. We listened to music for about and hour until a hot boy with dark brown hair that just swooped above his eyes that were a dazzling blue color like the water behind him, walked up to Kylie and I, and interrupted my favorite song, Come a Little Closer. He then asked us our names and we responded. He then said, "My name is Chandler." Then, coming up behind him was this boy with blonde hair that swooped at the top of his eyebrows, and had blue eyes. He walked up behind Chandler and grabbed his shoulders saying, "Hey man, who are these hotties?"

        "This is Kendall," he said pointng to me "and this is Kylie." and pointed at Kylie. "Kendall, Kylie, this is my friend Sam. We live together in a beach house on Newman Street." I could see Sam wink at Kylie. Another time where boys like her better than me.

        "Oh my god so do we!" I said half shouting. "Thats so cool!" Chandler said. After that we talked for a couple of hours and then decided to go back to our house to hang out.

        Once we made it home, it was like, six o'clock because we stopped for ice cream on the way here. We all walked into the house and sat down on the couch. My ice cream come was dripping because it was like ninety degrees outside. I sat down in the love seat and Chandler sat next to me leaving Kylie and Sam sitting right up next to eachother on the three-cushion couch. I had ice cream all over my lips and as I managed to lick most of it off, Chandler said, "Let me help you with that." and then he kissed me just like that.

        We watched the movie That Awkward Moment right up until the end of it and by the time it was over, it was past midngiht so Chandler and Sam walked home. We make plans to see them again tomorrow.

I hope you guys like the first chapter! An update should be out soon!