The secret of constellations

Inrtoduction

Everything written here is based on a true story !

A long long time ago, when the people hadn't forgotten yet

to take a look into the nightsky above them,

it might have happened that they asked themselfes:

Where do we come from?

Are we alone?

Where does the world end?

What exitst on the other side of the sea?

And may be this was the beginning of the history of discoveries on our earth. May be some of them were couragous enough to take a journey into the unknown land. May be they walked the distances.

But surely those who used to live at the seaside or near a river wanted to go further. May be they tried to build up some boats. Do you know what?

They really did. In the Northsea near the City of Husum (former Denmark) archaeologists found a piece of a boatconstruction wich is over 10.000 Years old. It must had been a type of boat like a Kajak.

Also in Spain, or to be more precise in the cave of Altamira we discovered technical drawings of boats even 15000 Years old. The look like constructionplans for building a wooden boat.

Although the type of boat they excavted near Husum near the northsea is relatively small it is must have been a very successful construction. We are able to assume this because the same type of furboat is still in use by the inuits in the area around greenland. An inuit can travel thousands of miles by using it. It is even possible to carry and walk on land with this type of boat.

Later they developed Reedboats wich are also still in use nowadays! The technique has not changed yet. The people living near the Tschad lake or the Aymara people from the Titikaka Lake still know the best way to built them.

With these types of boats men were able to transport tons of goods all aroud the world.

All around the world? Yes it really seems so! Dominique Goerlitz proofed this. He is one of the best know stoneageskippers. He is a so called experimental archaeologist ans sailed over 4000 Miles through the atlantic ocean within his Abora 3. Most important: He was able to sail against the wind hundreds of miles, wich nobody had expected before.

Whereas his „scientific grandpa" Thor Heyerdahl also crossed the atlantic without beeing able to stear the boat in all directions. He was more or less only drifting and dependend to the currents.

Dominique discovered the secret in drawings. He found stoneagedrawings with remarkable details. He discovered drawings of stabilizers installed on the boat in different positions. He became courious and built models of these boats. What he could see in his esperiments was astonishing: If you change the positions of the stabilizers during sailing, the boat turned from one side to the other. And that is: It could sail where ever it wants to.

This was the first proof for the possibility of trading tons of goods all over the world.

After having discovered the secrets of buiding powerful ships and boats, after planing journeys to foreing coasts and the way back there was a strong need for navigational aids.

The main question of this book is how did they find their ways through the seas at that time ?