Chapter #7

"All students gather around here! Boys on the left, girls on the right benches!" Professor Mcgonagall's voice boomed around the whole empty classroom;desks and chairs pushed to the side.

Mia, Anastasia, and Ally sat in the front, Mia casting shy glances over at Dylan. Over on their side, Nick was teasing Dylan, who was trying to deny it.

Professor Mcgonagall played a soft waltz type music on a ginormous vintage style record player. "As you all know by now, the Yule Ball is a dance. So boys, hurry up and pick dates before they're all gone!" she turned to the boys and looked each of them in the eye. The boys all started murmuring amongst  themselves.

Professor Mcgonagall's fixed look traveled around the half of the room.

"Now! I need a volunteer, boys!"

No one on the boy's side dared to put their hand up, and went pale. Professor Mcgonagall went over to the boys' side and stared Nick right in the eye.

"Mr. Clayton would be more than willing to volunteer." Nick went pale and slowly stood up. Anastasia couldn't stop laughing, along with Ally and Mia, although Mia was a bit distracted at the moment.

The blonde haired 4th year that glanced at Anastasia yesterday, was giving her hopeful glances. His name, was Jadon. It was obvious what was happening there.

"Ready? With me, Mr. Clayton. One, two, three. One, two, three."

Nick had this grumpy expression on his face, which made it even funnier for Ally, Anastasia, Mia, and even Dylan to watch.

"On your feet everyone! Lets go!"

The second Professor Mcgonagall said 'lets go!' the room felt 10 times hotter.

A Ravenclaw boy  with brown hair and green eyes went up to Ally, "The name's Louis Moreau," he did a little bow,  Ally smiled, "Would you like to go to the ball with me tomorrow night?" he asked her, with a bit of a French accent.

Mia and Anastasia held their breath, waiting for Ally's answer.

"Yes, I would love to."

Louis then grabbed Ally's hand and gave her a giddy smile, then they went off to the dance floor, where a couple of pairs were already dancing. Anastasia and Mia jumped in shock a little bit when Professor Mcgonagall's voice, once again, thundered around the room.

"Come on now! Don't be shy!"

Jadon, the boy that had been giving glances at Anastasia before, sort of jogged over to her. "Anastasia, would you like to go to the ball with me?"

Anastasia pondered for a moment before grabbing Mia's arm.

"Wha-"

"Can you give me a moment? I have to do something first." she told Jadon, who nodded, still smiling.  

Anastasia started to "drag" Mia closer and closer towards Dylan. Mia had realized what was happening and squirmed under Anastasia's grip, trying to free herself.

Ally looked over in their direction, and Anastasia nodded, signaling her for something.

"Anastasia, tell me you're not thinking what i'm thinking of what you're about to do!" Mia groaned.

Ally went up behind Dylan and pushed him, just as Anastasia pushed Mia. Mia and Dylan were inches away from each other. Anastasia and Ally stepped back, a cheeky smiles on both of their faces.

Mia and Dylan made eye contact and blushed, staring down at their shoes. After about 15 seconds of silence, Dylan broke it.

"Er..Mia, Um, I was wondering I-If maybe you wanted to - er - go to the ball with me..."

They were staring into each other's eyes, each lost in the other. Everyone around them quieted down and snuck glances at their conversation.

"Yes."

Anastasia and Ally started clapping, big smiles on all of their faces. Mia laughed as Dylan took her hand and took her to dance. Anastasia then returned to Jadon. Out of the corner of her eye, Anastasia could see Nick going up to a girl with long dirty blonde hair, a Slytherin that was named Lexi.

Nick and Lexi talked for a minute before they hugged and started dancing.

"Anastasia?"

Jadon got Anastasia back into present time. Anastasia looked back at Jadon, a radiant smile forming on her lips. Jadon looked at the ground, then back at Anastasia, a bit sheepish.

"I would love to."

Jadon smiled and blushed. "Come on then."

The day went pretty well after that. At about 4:00 PM, Ally and Anastasia dashed into the girls dormitory and up to Mia, eager to talk to her, out of breath.

"Ok, so we were - thinking - "

"That we - we could go - to"

"Hogsmede to - buy - dresses-"

Anastasia and Ally stopped to catch their breath, panting. Mia looked at them, concern covering her face.

"Are you guys sure you're OK? Where did you run from?" I was Ally who answered, "The transfiguration courtyard." she finally said, both of them straightening up. Mia's eyes widened.

The transfiguration courtyard? That was nearly across the whole school!

Anastasia and Ally grabbed their bags. "So are we going to Hogsmeade or not?" asked Anastasia, taking Mia's hand and pulling her off of the bed. Mia nodded.

"OK. Lets go."