Prologue

The blonde haired 4 year old ran, he leaped through gaps in buildings, and over any obstacle. He was panting and basically running for his life, just like every day he was beaten. This time though, it was worse, he had just lost his virginity, forcefully.

The small boy was bloody and shaking, his face stained with hot tears as he blindly raced through a forest. No direction in mind, he just ran and didn't look back, not once had he looked back.

His skin was decorated with scars and puncture wounds, words carved into his chest and back. His hair was colored a rustic brown from all the dirt and blood mingled in its bright blonde depths.

His bottom was throbbing in pain, as well as his lower back and legs, still he pushed through that pain and ran.

Ignoring all the twigs, sticks, and branches in his way he ran until he collapsed in a clearing. Too unfocused to notice the other male collapsed in front of him.

****

The raven-haired 4 years old stared at his blood coated hands, the blood of every Uchiha this village had coated his clothes and skin. His mothers, father's, aunts, uncles, even his cousins.

He staggered to a stand and fled the scene, his onyx orbs filled with sadness deep inside. His cheeks stained with hot tears as he crashed through the forest.

His heart constricted in his chest, his head was throbbing, his hands felt dirty as if he himself committed the crime he could've stopped. An image, of an elder male with long hair and red eye's, flickered through the young males mind.

'Itachi-nii'

This man who slaughtered his own clan for his own personal gain, but ultimately gained nothing. The boy fell into a heap in a clearing, his body too weak to go on, so he laid there.

He laid there and cried, he cried and cried and cried. He cried until he heard a thump and looked up, where he was met with an even more horrifying sight.

****

"Mommy!" The young pink-haired 4-year-old screamed as she saw her father standing above her mother's lifeless body. She had just watched at her father murdered the woman for having a strange Kekkei Genkai, now the man turned his dormant eye's on her.

His onslaught began, punch after punch, kick after kick, and slice after slice. The young girl managed to get away, she dashed from her supposed 'home' and ran. She ran blindly through the tree's surrounding her 'home' and didn't stop.

Her mind raced, her heart pounded, and her lungs screamed in protest with each bound her stubby legs took. Oh, how she wished to stop. Longed for security.

Her father had always been rather abusive, always drunk and using the two females as punching bags. She stumbled into a clearing where she saw two boy's her age, each crying and covered in blood.

Much like herself, she stared at them as they stared at her.

****

The three young children stared at each other, each noticing the differences and similarities between them. The blood they wore, the tears they shed, and the pain they held in their eye's.

They sat in a circle, all looking at their feet.

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze." The blonde boy whispered, causing the two other's to snap their attention to him. He seemed to be worse off then they did anyway.

"I was running from the villagers, again. They.... they.... they raped me... and... and" he paused as tears poured down his puffy red cheeks "they beat me.... stabbed me.... tried to kill me..."

Immediately the small boy was in the arm's of the other two children, he cried into them and they hushed him, murmuring sweet nothings in his ears.

Finally, they sat back and the raven male spoke up, his eye's closed tight as his tears rolled free.

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha."

The other's nodded for him to continue, so he did.

"I just watched my older brother kill my whole clan.... and... and... I could've stopped it... he... he... he killed Kaa-san and tou-san...

He was soon held in a similar embrace as the blonde was, and he cried just as Naruto had. He allowed them to comfort him, as they murmured sweet nothings in his ear as well.

When they settled back down the attention turned to the only female in the group, she gulped.

"My name is Sakura Haruno."

Two nods indicating her to go on, she hugged her knees to her chest as her eye's pooled with tears.

"My... my father just... just.. just killed my mommy in front of me... and... and... then he... he... he tried to... to... ki.. ki... kill m..mu... me..."

Like the previous two before her, she was held in an embrace, one that she relished as she cried. They murmured sweet nothings in her ears as they each did to each other.

When they pulled back again they all had fresh tear tracks down their faces, Sakura spoke once more.

"C... c... can we be.. be.. be friends?" She hiccuped as she rubbed her eye's, they relayed her pain and her hurt, how she didn't notice herself was beyond the two males.

"No," Naruto spoke, his voice hard, cold, and emotionless, much like his face. They stared at him wide-eyed.

"No?" Sasuke and Sakura asked simultaneously, tilting their heads to the side with pouty lips. Naruto nodded, he struggled to stand and steadied himself.

His hand's outstretched to the other two who stared at them with wide eye's, each placing one of their hands in his. He pulled them to their feet and into a tight group hug, which they returned.

"We Are Family."