09 Distracted

"Will they hold a homecoming?" One asked.

"They should!" The other exclaimed. "Winning gold overseas isn't a joke."

"Definitely!" Another one said from across the room. "The whole Sendai must give him a hero's welcome."

"He didn't even save the country but boy he put Sendai's map on face of the Earth." Another one said.

"I can't wait to see him back here. I must get his autograph."

"Stop saying nonsense. You know he's only got his eyes to her." Another voice said pointing at the dazed girl sitting by the windows.

"How does it feel that your boyfriend won gold, Yuna?"

Yuna did not answer that last question. First off, he was not her boyfriend. Secondly, she was so tired of hearing them speak all at once.

She just stared at them who had been pestering her since she arrived at school earlier that day. Everyone seemed extra friendly to her. She cringed at the thought of it alone. She was getting all this attention because Yuzuru just won the gold in his figure skating competition in Hongkong.

"Okay, guys." Kyoko who was sitting beside her raised both of her hands. "Enough of the interview." She muttered with such angry tone and a glare. "You go back to your seats now." Her words were enough for them to disperse.

Finally, there was peace around their desk.

"God, I can't believe he won gold, that mushroom head." Kyoko said grudgingly. "He better treats us with ramen when he gets back or else, I'll break his limbs."

Yuna remained silent.

"Yuna?"

No response. All there was was a dead expression in her face.

Kyoko could only wonder where her thought might have been. "KIM YUNA!" Kyoko exclaimed and it brought Yuna back to earth.

"What?!" She asked, startled.

"Have you been playing dead?" Kyoko joked.

"Oh, sorry about that."

"So, how's your long distance relationship with the golden boy?" She smiled slyly. She was waiting for this opportunity to grill Yuna about Yuzuru. "Did he call you last night?"

"He had his free skate program last night, why would he call me?"

"You sounded salty just now." Kyoko commented.

"He left a message at my e-mail."

"At least he did not forget to inform his lovely Yuna. I tell you, if there are three things Yuzuru can't live without- it'll be Pooh, his blades and you."

Yuna kicked Kyoko. The latter just laughed it off. "When is he coming back anyway?"

"I don't know. I'll ask him when he calls."

---

The problem was, Yuzuru did not call her at all. She knew that he was busy. She told herself multiple times not to be clingy as hell. She read her books and studied hard. She mingled with her classmates more. She did her house chores.

But somehow, at the back of her mind, the thoughts of him would come like an unexpected guest.

Three days after, she woke up early to go to school. It was a long walk but she had always been a morning person so it didn't bother her walking by the streets so early in the morning. The road to where the school was located faced the east. She sees the sun as it broke majestically in daylight as if to say hello to the earthlings that thrived for its magnificence.