Letting Go - Chapter 1

A/N

On the side is the song that Blair sings, so just play that when you get to the bit, and the picture is is Lily Collins, I really picture Blair a lot like her, with the pale face but dark brows and wild hair!

Enjoy my lovelies. x

--------

‘I really love you, you know that right?’ I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, I turned to face him.

‘Of course I know that, but how much?’ I inwardly punch myself at my feeble attempt to flirt.

He chuckles and tightens his arms around my waist ‘I love you to the moon and back, a million, gazillion times!’

I sighed in content that’s all I needed to hear. Me and Jack have been a couple for more than ten months and he only confessed his love to me a week ago, since then it’s the only thing he’s been saying, we like to take things a little slow.

‘So are we still up for that date on Friday?’ I had to think about that, because with a memory like a goldfish I had no idea what was happening on Friday.

‘Yeh...I am,’ hopefully he wouldn’t be able to tell I couldn’t remember.

‘Great I’ll pick you up then?’

‘Actually I’ll just come to yours and we can go from there, I don’t want Dad to start worrying about me going out with my boyfriend,’ I laughed and rested my head on his chest.

‘Yeh that sounds cool too,’ we didn’t move from our position, behind the wall by the school parking lot, this was where no one came, so me and Jack made it our little hangout.

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch, we had one parting kiss before I made my way towards the south to my music lesson. I loved music so much; I guess I got it from my mum. My mum passed away when I was five, she got killed in a car crash but how? We still don’t know, she wasn’t even the drinker type or anything in fact she was perfect. But what I do know is that she loved playing the flute and piano, I still remember the tunes she’d play, and I had mastered them of course.

‘Hey Blair!’ Oh God not him again.

I turned around a fake smile on my face ‘Hi Jace,’ I said through gritted teeth.

‘Well don’t you look happy to see me!’ he beams down at me; I roll my eyes and continue walking I did not want to be late.

‘Hey wait up,’ I could hear him jogging up behind me.

‘What do you want Jace?’

‘Nothing, I just wanted to walk with you, is that too much to ask?’ I could tell he looked hurt, but what was I meant to do he was my boyfriend’s brother I couldn’t exactly get all cosy with him it would be wrong, besides Jace is one of player guys you never know when he’s serious about anything.

‘Its fine,’ I said and quickly continued to walk.

‘So what song are you playing today?’ Oh did I forget to mention that Jace also happens to be in my music lesson, and my English and my psychology.

‘Riverside by Agnes Obel,’ I mutter.

‘Wow that’s a hard one though, I’m doing Good Women by Paul Thomas Saunders,’ I was quite surprised at his choice of song.

I nodded and smiled at him, Jace does have talent like a lot from being the quarterback, to being the captain of the cricket team to winning hundreds of honours and distinctions in music. His mum and my mum had been best friends, when my mum passed away Julie was truly distraught. Julie and my mum knew each other from birth; our grandfathers; mine and Jace’s were acquainted and lived in the same colony. Too bad I couldn’t think of being anything to Jace let alone friends.