Can we still be friends?

"We can't play this game anymore but can we still be friends? Things just can't go on like before but can we still be friends?"

Ohio: April's POV

"Hey pumpkin, did you see Dr. Hunt? I saw him wondering around the place, he looked lost that's why I approached him, he's looking for you"

April returned the rope on top of the barrel before dusting off her hands; "Yep I saw him" she replied.

"What does he want?" Joe asked.

"He offered me my job back" April replied nonchalantly.

Joe grinned widely; "That's good news!"

April threw her father a side glance; "Yeah—" she replied with a half hearted small smile.

Joe noticed his daughter's indifference; "What's wrong pumpkin? Aren't you happy?"

"Of course I'm happy—I'm just a little bit tired I guess" April lied.

"Why don't head back and I'll finish this?"

"I can finish this Daddy, don't be silly" April replied with a giggle.

Joe walked towards April and placed his hands on her shoulders; "I insist, go" he said.

April rolled her eyes; "Fine."

oOo

Toledo Express Airport:

Two weeks had passed and it's finally time for April to go back to Seattle; she's still hesitant about taking her old job back but her parents convinced her to go. So now, here she is-standing in the middle of the Airport, looking lost for some reason.

"Stop looking like your favourite pig just died, lighten up Apple-this should be a happy time because you're getting your job back" Libby said.

April pursed her lips; "You know why I look like this, I didn't want to come back."

Libby rolled her eyes; "You and I both know that's a lie, you love that hospital and the people there—hell, how many times did you skip on family reunions for them?"

"Fine."

Libby smiled, she walked towards her younger sister and reached for her hands; "You have nothing to be afraid of, he's not gonna be there."

April averted her gaze and sighed; "I know" she whispered.

Libby squeezed April's hands comfortingly; "You are a strong woman April, you'll be okay."

April lifted her gaze and met Libby's eyes; she let out small smile before pulling her sister into a tight hug. "Thank you for being there Libs, I love you."

Libby rubbed her sister's back soothingly before pulling away; she then leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on April's forehead. "Now go, you'll be late for your flight. Don't forget to let us know when you arrived there safely, okay?"

April nodded; "I will" she said.

Libby pulled April into another quick hug before taking a step back; "Go," she said while gesturing towards the boarding gates.

"Tell Sophie I love her and I'll see her soon. Love you Libs, drive safely" April said before turning on her heels and began walking away.

"Will do, love you too Duckie! Have a safe flight"

April laughed upon hearing her childhood nickname; "Stop calling me Duckie!" she said good-humouredly.

Libby just laughed.