0.1

have you ever been so afraid to lose somebody or something?

someone or something that just meant so much to you, that you wouldn't know what to do without them..

well that's how i was, with my best friend luke, lucas robert hemmings. with his fringe blonde hair, deep sea blue eyes, and a beautiful smile, it really would be frightening to lose him.

luke and i have known each other since we were in diapers, his mom and my mom were college roommates, and their friendship grew, and still continues to grow. one summer night, my mom carmen, and luke's mom liz, went to a college party, and that was where my mom met my dad robert, then my dad introduced liz to andy, who is now lukes dad. well after they all got married, they bought houses right down the block from one another. carmen and liz got pregnant around the same time, so luke is 1O days older than me, which he always uses against me.

when i was 11, my dad was stationed in iraq, and 3 years ago, he passed away. i still remember having to answer the door and getting the news. luke was by my side the whole time, and held me while i cried into his chest.

well now, at the age of 16, luke and i are still as close as ever. i also recently found out that luke has a great singing voice, and that him, calum, and michael are in a band called 5 seasons of winter or something like that.

+

today was the first day of summer, and i was going over lukes to watch them practice. i was weaing my floral crop top, high waisted shorts, and black vans. i walked all the way to his house, and straight into the garage, greeted by a pair of unfamiliar eyes.

"hey beautiful, you must be addie." he said with a wink.

"um no my names adelina.. where's luke?"

"they're in the kitchen getting snacks, im ashton." he said, extending his arm out.

"addie!" i heard luke say before i shook ashton's hand. "this is ashton, our drummer."

"well hey.." i said, shaking ashtons hand.

"guys lets get started!" calum said, rubbing his hands together. "we wrote a new song ad!" he added.

"it's called heartbreak girl," michael says, "luke here wrote it." he winked.

"stop guys!" luke groans, earning a chuckle from ashton.

"can you play it for me?" i responded, looking at luke.

"fine." he said, beginning to strum his guitar to the beat of the song, waiting for the boys to get in place. i sat down, not wanting to be standing the whole time they played. soon the boys got in place, and calum started off the song.

"you call me up,

its like a broken record

say that your heart hurts

that you never get over him getting over you,

and you end up crying,

and i end up lying,

'cause im just a sucker for anything that you do,"

then luke begins to sing, looking over at me.

"and when the phone call finally ends,

you say "thanks for being a friend,"

and we're going in circles again and again."

then all the boys join in, harmonizing. 

"i dedicate this song to you,

the one who never sees the truth,

that i can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.

hold you tight, straight through the day light, 

im right here. when are you gonna realize

that i'm your cure, heartbreak girl?"

they finishing the song, leaving me in awe. boy can these boys sing.

"oh my gosh! you guys are great!" i heard a voice behind me shout. i turned around to see my best friend dani, whom luke and i have known since we were younger, standing there with austin.

"thanks!" cal yelled, running over to hug them both.

"so do you guys have a record label yet or?.." dani said, hugging cal, then luke.

her and luke always had some sort of bond. and last week, she told me how she was developing feelings for luke. it did make me feel sort of jealous because luke was my best friend. if he were to date her, i think our friendship would fail. excuse me if im wrong, but im just looking out for luke and dani, i wouldnt want either one getting hurt.

dani and i walked inside the house, leaving the boys to talk about star wars or whatever they were talking about. dani pulled us both into the bathroom.

"holy shit lina! did you hear their song?" she gasped, i nodded. "i called luke after daniel and i broke up, and i thanked him for being there for me," i nodded, not seeing where this was going. "is that song about me?"

it couldn't be about her, could it? why does it even matter, luke is my best friend, he can like whoever he wants, this shouldn't bother me.

"well im pretty sure he likes you dani, go for it, give him a sh-" i was cut off by a knock on the door.

"yesss?" dani called out.

"what are you and addie doing in there dani?" calum shouted.

"nothing!" we shouted at the same time, opening the door.

"ooooooooh secrets dont make friends!!" luke said, nudging us, chuckling with cal.

"whateverrrr." dani said, linking her arm with mine, walking out to the garage.

"hey adelina, can i talk to you?" ashton asked.

"sure.."

+

a week after the boys band practice, i got a text from a number a random number.

hey :)

sent at 2:56 pm

"luke!" i shouted to him from the kitchen. "hmmmmm?" i got as response. i walked out, putting my phone in his face, "whos number is this?" he looked at it, then back at me. "its ashtons, he wanted it so i gave it to him." he shrugged. i sighed. texting back a "hii."

"uh hey, dani wanted to hang out, is it okay if i invite her over?" luke asked, clearing the silence. its dani, i couldnt say no.. "sure." i responded with a shrug.

Hey guys! Well, thats it for the first chapter of Fears. How'd you guys like it? Trust me, it's going to get better, hopefully.. Well anyways, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed, the next chapter is coming up soon! Picture of Adelina on the side/top! Love always, Nicole ♥