Prologue

Silence. That's all there was. Silence filled the boy's entire room. All that could be heard was the rain, banging off his window. It came down heavy after a few minutes and that was when it started. The boy laid there, on his bed; looking up at the roof with his right arm covering his eyes. He breathed in and out quietly as he heard shouting coming from downstairs. He tilted his head to the side then he looked back up at the roof again once more. He could hear the voices of a male and a female, they were arguing. It was clear to him who it was exactly. It couldn't have been anyone else but his own parents. They fought every night giving the same excuses over and over again. The boy was fed up of it. That's why, every time he sensed something was away to break out, he would goto his room and try to block them out. Most of the time it worked but tonight they were louder than usual.

The boy huffed at them and slowly started to drop his right arm from his eyes. He felt a cold breeze come over him and he shivered. He sighed before opening his eyes and sitting up, to stare at the window. "Something's wrong...." The boy gets up and strolls over to the window. He slowly taps on it, only to form little cracks in the glass. As his tapping gets harder and harder, the window breaks and the boy collapses, blacking out.

Tick tock, tick tock. Times up.

The boy is sent back to what seems like a dream world. He can no longer hear the voices of his parents. As he looked around, he realised he was in the back of an alleyway. It was a dead end, that was clear and so there was no escape unless you climbed over the massive wall that stood blocking your way. He flinched as he heard a scream come out of no where. He turned around and saw a little boy, looked about 10 if he was that, running towards him, crying, screaming to be saved. The boy watched the other carefully as he slammed into the wall behind him. The little one fell to his knees, wondering what he had ever done to deserve something like this.

A few moments later, heavy footsteps start to turn the corner. The boy tries to see who it was but couldn't because it was so dark. The little one's screams became louder as if he knew what would happen next. A man comes around the corner and stops, staring right at the little one. The boy moves towards the man and looks him up and down. "Stop," the boy says. But the man takes no notice and walks right through him. The boy gasps as he realises that he wasn't truly here, it could be just a dream right? No, this felt to real to be just a mere dream. The boy watched the man carefully as he grabbed the other. The little one started to struggle against the man while calling for help. All the boy could do was stand there and watch the man take him away.

After a few seconds more, it became to dark for the boy to see and in a flash, a strike of lightning comes down and the alleyway is lit up. The boy noticed that the man and the little one was gone, just like that. He walked back over to where they had been only to knock something over. He looked down at the ground and found a little tub. He brought it closer to his face and boy was he shocked. All that filled the tub was a single teardrop.